Freerunner (2011)

AlbertV

91qBtw5NgSL._AA1500_.jpg

It's Parkour meets BATTLE ROYALE in this upcoming action thriller from director Lawrence Silverstein.

The film stars Sean Faris (NEVER BACK DOWN) as Ryan, a freerunner who finds himself in a deadly game with a group of fellow parkour artists. With an explosive collar strapped around his neck, Ryan must use his freerunning skills to jump through the streets of London while his actions and those of his fellow freerunners are broadcast on the Internet for a group of high rollers.

The film co-stars world freerunning champion Ryan Doyle, who also served as parkour/fight choreographer (with John Bernecker) and Sean Faris' stunt double is Shane Daniels (yes Gary Daniels' son is a freerunner and American Ninja Warrior contender)

u4K4xbyRMIM

The film hits DVD on October 18 I think

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, man! I'm down for this! Looks promising enough. Loved B13, don't know how this will stack up compared to that but I'm game to watch it.

Interesting side note, AV. I was unaware that Gary Daniels had a son much less one old enough to be doing this type stuff. Sweet! If he has his dad's MA chops and parkour skills, too.....................Dude! Somebody get him a 3 picture deal with Isaac Florentine!

I thought the name of this movie seemed familiar as I was asking about it last March and it looks like the brilliant and talented Daniel O'Neill has been sacrificed for a Hollywood name, one that needs to be stunt doubled:squigglemouth:

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10403&highlight=Daniel+O%27Neill

anyway based on that trailer it certainly doesn't look like it has that wow factor, like district 13. I'll be interested to read others' thoughts once the movie is released.also I have to agree with OAB who the hell keeps giving Danny Dyer work?

Yeah, man! I'm down for this! Looks promising enough. Loved B13, don't know how this will stack up compared to that but I'm game to watch it.

Interesting side note, AV. I was unaware that Gary Daniels had a son much less one old enough to be doing this type stuff. Sweet! If he has his dad's MA chops and parkour skills, too.....................Dude! Somebody get him a 3 picture deal with Isaac Florentine!

Shane actually made his film debut as Gary's son in FULL IMPACT back in 1993. When I watched American Ninja Warrior on G4 they interviewed him and he looks like Gary only with darker hair. Shane is British-Filipino.

2ih3twx.jpg

ShaOW!linDude

I see the resemblance.

Wish I could've seen him on "American Ninja Warrior". We have Direct TV and they dropped G4 during contract negotiations at the first of the year.:tinysmile_angry2_t: Anytime a rep calls, that's my only complaint with the service.

Archived