Angel Warriors (formerly 'The Five') (2013)

AlbertV

A new action film is shooting in Thailand. A China/Thai co-production, the film, whose literal title at the moment is FIVE STAR GENERAL (will change the name when I get the official title) is a Charlie's Angels/Tomb Raider-style action thriller. The Royal Thai Air Force are assisting by supllying the helicopters for aerial assaults. The film is scheduled for a Summer 2012 release.

The film is being directed by Fu Huayang and stars Mavis Pan, Renata Tan, Andy On, Collin Chou, and Fu Huayang in a cameo as a triad boss. Here are some on set pics courtesy of Sina.

5star+general+media+set+vist1.jpg

5star+general+media+set+vist2.jpg

5star+general+media+set+vist3.jpg

Andy On and Collin Chou

5star+general+media+set+vist4+andy+on+collin.jpg

Mavis Pan

mavis+pan+5star+general.jpg

Renata Tan (right)

5star+general+media+set+vist6+renata+tan+lina.jpg

As I hear more, I will update you all...

• Like 1

Here are some more photos

five-star+general+stills+-+1+collin.JPG

Collin Chou

five-star+general+stills+-+2+group.JPG

Cast photo

five-star+general+stills+-+3+ryu+kohata.JPG

Ryu Kohata (the villain from LEGEND OF THE FIST)

five-star+general+stills+-+3+shi+yanneng.JPG

Shi Yanneng (the former Xing Yu)

• Like 1

Was unaware Xing Yu had reverted to using his name he was given as a Shaolin monk.

Yeah he used the name in Shaolin, but I heard that this was the name was gonna use from now on, like Collin Chou did in 1997 instead of Ngai Sing.

• Like 1

Yeah he used the name in Shaolin, but I heard that this was the name was gonna use from now on, like Collin Chou did in 1997 instead of Ngai Sing.

It would make sense that he used that name for Shaolin.

Understandable.

• Like 1

The movie has a new title (which has now been corrected): THE FIVE.

Shooting has completed with a Summer 2012 premiere date. Here is a photo of four of THE FIVE at the wrap-up press conference, courtesy of ChineseFilms.CN

c1f4f53099424b1ab1ed36da9acbc981.jpg

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

The guys over at fareastfilms posted a newly released trailer for this movie....have to admit I was hoping this was going to be a kind of trashy action filled B-movie, like HK used to churn out in the 80`s, but having seen the trailer, it looks absolutely terrible.

http://www.fareastfilms.com/newsPage/Teaser-For-The-Five-3449.htm

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Thanks for that link to the trailer, OAB. Yeah, That kind of strikes me as "oh!" and "ew!" at the same time.

It looks like they ought to rename it "Rambo's Angels".:tongue:

• Like 1

Yeah the trailer does look pretty bad although lately movies with awesome looking trailers turn out to be disappointing so hopefully the opposite happens with this one

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
Yeah the trailer does look pretty bad although lately movies with awesome looking trailers turn out to be disappointing so hopefully the opposite happens with this one

Ha ha, so true, take a step forward 'Legendary Assassin' and 'Ip Man 2'!

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

This recently turned up on the shelves of the local DVD shop in Sydney's Chinatown. I'm curious if anyone has actually had a chance to give this a watch? I commented on the trailer 18 months ago as looking awful...but still - Colin Chou, Xing Yu, Andy On, and a bunch of babes in the same movie....surely there has to be something redeeming about it?

• Like 1

Well, the action scenes are quite good, fights, gunplay and stunts are expertly choreographed by Ma Yuk Shing. Visuals and editing are okay, too. All other aspects suck big time. ANGEL WARRIORS is a sexist, racist and all in all highly unentertaining piece of crap, full of ridiculous stereotypes and the most annoying female characters I had to bear with for a long time.

People who regard Stanley Tong's STONEAGE WARRIORS as their favorite movie should give this film a shot.

• Like 1