Where's the next Sonny Chiba?

ShaOW!linDude

Maybe I need to see more of Sanada's films. He's only ever impressed me in 2 movies as a MA film fighter: Ninja In The Dragon's Den and Royal Warriors.

I take it you haven't seen the beyond awesome Roaring Fire?

Q2wAVM9j6rU

Jackie Chan took notes from this film!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toei's low priced edition (no subs) is coming out in November. I'd buy it in an instant if I hadn't done so already in 2008 :tongue:

No self respecting dvd collection should lack Roaring Fire. It's got everything: great action, insane stunts, evil neo-nazis, monks, boobs, nuns... and of course Sanada, Chiba, Shihomi, Ishibashi, Narita, Abdullah the Butcher...

hote1.jpg

hote3.jpg

hote2.jpg

hote4.jpg

One Armed Boxer

Hey ShaOW!linDude...I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but the link you've attached to amazon is actually a bootleg of the movie done by the dreaded Bonzai media, one of the countless aka's of Red Sun, so I'd recommend staying away from it.

As far as I'm aware it may have been stolen from Daigoro's custom subtitled print he did of the movie, as was being discussed a while ago in this thread -

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5828&page=3

For real? Whoops! My bad. Certainly didn't mean to do that.

Thanks yet again for squaring me away, OAB.

ShaOW!linDude
'Death Trance' is good stuff, throw in Steven Seagal's son, a motorbike, and a rocket launcher....and you've got a fun way to pass a couple of hours.

Well, I got lucky and scored a used copy of this yesterday for $8. I'll be checking this out tomorrow night.:xd:

Archived