Salvage Mice (2011)

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Girls & karate seem to be a good combination in Japanese cinema at the moment, with Rina Takeda currently leading the way with 'High Kick Girl', 'Karate Girl', and 'Kunoichi'.

However it looks like she now has some competition....while the director Ryuta Tazaki might not ring any bells, the name of Fuyuhiko Nishi definitely should - he was the director of 'High Kick Girl' and the choreographer of 'Black Belt' - and he's also bringing his choreography skiils to 'Salvage Mice', starring Mitsuki Tanimura, Julia Nagano, Kai Shishido, & Yuki Sato.....the only question is, why isn't Rina in this?

The trailer looks like it could be fun, and it looks like the head karate henchman from 'Karate Girl', Richard Heselton, also makes an appearance at the 1:17 mark -

S-meFtB44Yc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Hmmmm. I...........hmmmmmm.

Seems kind of campy. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. I'd like to see a little more choreography and less pop cutesy-ness. Still........I'd probably be down for this.

One Armed Boxer
I'd like to see a little more choreography and less pop cutesy-ness.

Ha ha....come on dude, it's a Japanese movie, that statement is like watching a Korean movie and saying "I'd like to see a little more forgiveness and a little less revenge"...never going to happen.

ShaOW!linDude
that statement is like watching a Korean movie and saying "I'd like to see a little more forgiveness and a little less revenge"

Bwaaaa--haaa--haaaaa! You're owning me, dude. Good one!

Rented this the other day. Sucked.

Salvage Mice (Japan, 2012)

Mitsuki Tanimura in a karate movie! Well, that sounded too good to work out. Tokusatsu veteran Ryuta Tasaki’s masked hero movie is a lazy effort, with sloppy technical execution leaving it several notches behind last year’s effective cheese karate burger K.G. The villain of the latter, Richard Heselton, dubbed in English here, is the film’s only convincing fighter. Newcomer Julia Nagano has potential, but the sound and visual department fail to insert enough iron into her little fists. Storyline and action choreography are second grade with no redeeming b-qualities, and the catchy Momoiro Clover song Contradiction, used in the film’s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPG4f7dk0X0, is not found in the film.

The R2J DVD comes with some nice Nagano fight training footage (maybe 5 min, I forgot, returned the disc already). And some other extras that I didn't bother with. BD also available.

salmi1.jpg

salmi2.jpg

salmi3.jpg

salmi4.jpg

salmi5.jpg

Girls in really short skirts & karate seem to be a good combination in Japanese cinema at the moment, with Rina Takeda currently leading the way with 'High Kick Girl', 'Karate Girl', and 'Kunoichi'.

Thought I'd had that correction.:tongue:

Julia Nagano I'd love to see in a better movie, though

kteIJQoqcqQ

and here's the trailer again since the link in the first post in broken. Boxer or mods could replace it with this:

Archived