Whatever happened to Eddie Maher?

Hamsworth

In the last year I've been getting into "girls with guns" and "hate" movies and one guy who keeps on reappearing is Eddie Maher, a half-Chinese gweilo who made a name for himself in these kinds of films. I'd seen him in a few movies, most memorably in Pedicab Driver but when a clip of New Kids in Town was posted on here I became curious. I decided to check him out but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth after 1996.

He's a pretty shit-hot kicker and he's got a unique look to him. I've seen him in the In the Line of Duty movies, Pedicab Driver and the aforementioned clip, but what's considered his best fighting performance?

Anyone know what happened to him? Is there an interview with him on any DVDs?

Edit: Just noticed on the extras of the Police Assassins DVD that there's an interview with him. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bey Logan mentioned in one of his audio commentaries, that Eddie used to own a gym in HK, where all the stars used to go to train. This gym was actually used as a location for some fight sequences (I don't remember which movies, though). That's how Eddie got into the HK movie scene.

I don't know where he is now.

He i remember him having a gym,he certainly had an evil look about it him,not sure what he is doin now,maybe mike Leeder will know,he posts on here sometimes

Sorry for lack of recent communication

Eddie is still about, he runs a gym in Mongkok these days

Still looks in fighting fit shape, one of the most genuinely nice and humble guys out there

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
18 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Thanks for posting this @Chu Liu Hsiang. I'd always been curious about Eddie after seeing him in some of the modern day fight classics, and this is a really good interview.

Rest in peace.

Archived