Magnificent Ruffians - No Longer Available on Amazon

Shaolin Patriot

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can get this for you. Give me a couple of weeks and I can get you this but it won't be raelly cheap. Keep checking my ebay stuff to see when I get it I may forget this thread in a couple of weeks. Just shoot me a message on ebay and I might can shoot you a buy it now for 15 on a r3 dvd? if that is cool with you. I had already planned to get this so that is why I am stopping in to let you know.

Amazon has been out of stock of a lot of stuff I ordered but it all came eventually. They usually say to keep checking back and they get some of them back in if you would like to do that.

I noticed this. Everyone but Amazon still thinks it's coming out on that Sept target release date.

did some checking---new release date is DEC. 30/2011. i think it would safe to assume that BRAVE ARCHER 2 will also face delays.

Where did you find out about this new release date? VideoETA I'm assuming.

Has Tokyo Shock every been on the dot with a release?

I noticed this. Everyone but Amazon still thinks it's coming out on that Sept target release date.

Where did you find out about this new release date? VideoETA I'm assuming.

Has Tokyo Shock every been on the dot with a release?

I have never understood some of these delays. Some of them have been for more legit reasons but others just always seemed so strange to me.

and the limited runs have been terrible. I ordered opium when they were in stock for cheap at deep and never even got it..

Shaolin Patriot
I can get this for you. Give me a couple of weeks and I can get you this but it won't be raelly cheap. Keep checking my ebay stuff to see when I get it I may forget this thread in a couple of weeks. Just shoot me a message on ebay and I might can shoot you a buy it now for 15 on a r3 dvd? if that is cool with you. I had already planned to get this so that is why I am stopping in to let you know.

Amazon has been out of stock of a lot of stuff I ordered but it all came eventually. They usually say to keep checking back and they get some of them back in if you would like to do that.

Jackie, I appreciate your assistance. Actually, I already have the IVL R3 disc. I'll just keep checking back with Amazon (or eBay) for the MB R1 disc, when it comes out later this year. Thanks anyway!

I have never understood some of these delays. Some of them have been for more legit reasons but others just always seemed so strange to me.

and the limited runs have been terrible. I ordered opium when they were in stock for cheap at deep and never even got it..

Not for nothing, but customs most likely won't be letting your opium through that easily. :laluot_20:

:biggrin:

My opium never gets through either :( .

:cry:

lol

Those few posts made me crack up.

Yeah you can wait for the R1 in that case for sure. I order a lot off amazon myself, shipping costs are free for me from them.

Shipping costs kill me when I sell.

I haven't seen this movie yet, hope its as good as I have heard.

I still want my Opium blu ray though :wink:

shaolin drunkard

Lu Feng is excellent in this one.I have watched my ivl so many times maybe do not feel doubledip next year tho particularly if no extras...But 100% recommended:bigsmile:

Any updates on this? Early 2012 is just around the corner.

This is quite possibly my favorite Venoms film, tied with Crippled Avengers.

according to both videoeta and cduniverse, they have MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS listed for release on Dec 30th 1011. that happens to be a friday. just have to wait and see.:ooh:

Killer Meteor
Any word on this?

Did Tokyo Shock go belly up?

I know they've laid off a lot of their (skeleton to begin with) staff. They've also been having difficulties with Toho regarding the upcoming GODZILLA VS MEGALON dvd.

instant noodles

On average, how often you guys watch certain movies? I do about once a year and some tiny subquality bothered me only in deadly duo...MR in Ivl is good enough not to make me update but then again I am not technowanker...

Killer Meteor
On average, how often you guys watch certain movies? I do about once a year and some tiny subquality bothered me only in deadly duo...MR in Ivl is good enough not to make me update but then again I am not technowanker...

Well, I keep hoping for proper NTSC picture...isn't it awfully rude to basically call people wankers?

instant noodles
Well, I keep hoping for proper NTSC picture...isn't it awfully rude to basically call people wankers?

I guess it is...:bigsmile: MR is great movie and I pick it if english dub. But without being techjunkie I did not see any fail in ivl, but u guys know stuff better.

Pick it for dub because some venoms movies have great lines:p

I know they've laid off a lot of their (skeleton to begin with) staff. They've also been having difficulties with Toho regarding the upcoming GODZILLA VS MEGALON dvd.

The difficulty is actually with Destroy All Monsters, that's just delayed Meagalon so it can be further reviewed.

Tokyo Shock is having issues with Toho Co. because Toho does not want the U.S. DVD releases of "DESTROY ALL MONSTERS" and "GODZILLA VS. MEGALON" to contain the original A.I.P. English dub or any of the bonus features that were added (such as the 1969 A.I.P. theatrical trailer or movie posters & lobby cards), just the Japanese track and the International dub that they supplied. Toho actually went so far as to have them recall their D.A.M. discs and remove them from retail, so now they're just sitting on inventory while production is backed-up until this is resolved.

This, in addition to lasckluster DVD sales have caused them to scale back costs considerably and put several upcoming titles on hold.

Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock is my favorite DVD distributor and I wish them much success as they recover and regroup.

...and when MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS finally becomes available, I assure you it will be their usual "Enhanced Edition" containing the original English dub as well as a slew of bonus features such as original posters & lobby cards!

Stay tuned!

Archived