Does Walmart sell kung fu movies?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Walmart is where I get most of my movies from. They don't have a big selection, but they normally have the new releases and they do have some classics.

Hope this helps.

Walmart carries a selection of Dragon Dynasty dvds. I've bought The 36 Chambers Of Shaolin, Return Of the Five Deadly Venoms, and Come Drink With Me from them. Their prices rainged from $10-$15 each. I also bought The Killer by John Woo there as well...

masterofoneinchpunch

I'll also add that I checked out Walmart for the recent DDs and it did not have those (though there is several other Walmarts around this area; I really don't like shopping there; FYI the one I went to is on McHenry; its movie supply is not very good).

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Thank you all for your input. I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota there is a Walmart down the street from where I have been working. At some point soon I will go there and check it out and let you know of my finds there.

Thanks again.

GD Y-Y

kungfusamurai

Like some have said, every Walmart has different selections of martial arts movies. Some of the ones I've been to actually have asian cinema sections, as well as bollywood sections. Most of the cheapy DVDs I've bought were walmart bought. But I haven't seen any of those for a long time.

KFS

Wal-Mart used to have an Asian cinema section in my area. It was awesome. It had martial arts, anime, Korean, Japanese movies, and Chinese TV shows. They took that section away unfortunately.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Well I went to a Walmart in North Minneapolis.

Nothing.

A great disappointment.

I only saw JACKIE CHAN'S; 'LITTLE BIG SOLDER'..

They had only one rack of movies about 20 feet long with all genres Oh well

GD Y-Y

:squigglemouth:.

ShaOW!linDude

Keep checking them occasionally, GD Y-Y.

The Walmart near me is presently stocking Bodyguards & Assassins, Little Big Soldier, Tekken, King Of Fighters, and Legend Of The Fist. They're good to check for new releases and the 1st week those are usually priced at $15 which is about $5 cheaper than anyone else.

That's true. They don't maintain a MA selection. You have to hit 'em when they get 'em.

Mine was already sold out of LITTLE BIG SOLDIER. Five days after its release! The guy working there told me sometimes they only get two or three copies of a new movie. I guess it's sold out for good after that, cause they have to put out the next week's new releases in those spots. :squigglemouth:

bruceleewannabe
Mine was already sold out of LITTLE BIG SOLDIER. Five days after its release! The guy working there told me sometimes they only get two or three copies of a new movie. I guess it's sold out for good after that, cause they have to put out the next week's new releases in those spots. :squigglemouth:

That sucks, I remember buying the Jet Li: Fist of Legend (the single disc) DVD around the time it came out at my Wal-Mart. Never really bought much kung fu although I remember they had the Five Deadly Venoms DVD around the same time and I wanted to get it but I never got around to it. I actually haven't been down to my Wal-Mart in quite some time.

Archived