Colombiana (2011)

AlbertV

From Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen comes this new action film coming to theaters today. The film stars Zoe Saldana as a young woman who, as a child, witnessed her parents' death at the hands of a Colombian drug dealer. She escapes to Chicago to live with her uncle, who raises her to become an assassin. She does professional hits with one goal in mind: take down the drug dealer who killed her parents.

The film is directed by Olivier Megaton (TRANSPORTER 3)

New York Daily News gave it 3 out of 5 stars: Review

Trailer

HCxPLlFWdFo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved her in The Losers and her fights in this look pretty good to me.

They're not.

I saw this today and it is a good movie. Luc Besson and his team did a good job creating a character you can care about. Zoe Saldana (as well as the child actor that plays her at age 9) is solid. The gunplay is very well shot and exciting. However, with that said, there is only ONE fist fight and it sucks. Same old story: quick-cuts, disorienting, taken stright from the Bourne handbook. Olivier Megaton shot Transporter 3 way better than this.

I think this film succeeds in spite of this bad fight scene, because everything else is pretty well done.

ShaOW!linDude

Aw!

Well, nuts! Hmmm. Think I'll wait a few months and catch it on a movie channel then. No rush.

Thanks for the heads up, massa_yoda.

massa_yoda: Thanks for the Heads up, now is this a movie better to see in the movies or wait until DVD?

I think it's worth a matinee, yeah. The gunfights are pretty cool and there's good suspense during her operations. And I really liked her character. Just be prepared for that bad fight scene.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Tried to suspend my disbelief going in but, The Expendables couldn't do half the things she did... not enough action scenes and if you're going to show a shower scene of her, show the whole damn thing because what is the point of showing just her upper torso and face??? It doesn't take anything away if you do luc besson!!!

Archived