Accelerate: The BMX Movie (2012)

AlbertV

http://www.accelerate-themovie.com

Over 25 years after the release of the BMX cult classic RAD comes this upcoming BMX film.

The story revolves around a young BMX biker who on his way to train for a regional competition is seriously hurt after a crash and must endure physical therapy. Afterwards, having too many citations for street riding in the city, he is forced to do community service. He takes a young teen under his wing but learns of his new protege's past and tries to help him at any cost.

Playing the lead character's father is Bill Allen, who played the lead character in RAD, his first major role in over 2 decades.

I loved RAD and I might just check this out (the official website link is above).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never saw the film rad but I did used to love watching the summer X games especially the BMX vert and street, not the freestyle so much. There was this one guy I think his name was Dave Mirra, or something like that, he was an absolute legend! He would just pull off the craziest stunts and was just amazing to watch, pure adrenaline.:tongue::xd:

I never saw the film rad but I did used to love watching the summer X games especially the BMX vert and street, not the freestyle so much. There was this one guy I think his name was Dave Mirra, or something like that, he was an absolute legend! He would just pull off the craziest stunts and was just amazing to watch, pure adrenaline.:tongue::xd:

I wish RAD would come out on DVD here. It was one of my favorite 80's movies. All about a young BMX racer in a small town who gets the chance to compete with professionals on a new designed racetrack called HELLTRACK. Here is the trailer...for the 80's, loved it and it was directed by Hal Needham (SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT trilogy and THE CANNONBALL RUN films)

607eTT2y1ZU

Cheers for posting the video Albert I'll keep my eyes peeled for this movie, you never know it might turn up on late night TV.

Archived