Unarmed and Dangerous aka Kung Fu Flid (2009)

AlbertV

Twitch's WTF of the Day!!!

unarmed.jpeg

The lead character has a condition where he has short arms, but uses a lot of kicks and the lead actor is a seasoned martial artist.

One of the most controversial martial arts movies ever - Mat Fraser plays an expert in Kung Fu whose wife is shot and his child kidnapped, but they were messing with the wrong man. A strong cast including Terry Stone (Rise Of The Footsoldier/Doghouse), Faye Tozer (Steps) and Frank Harper (Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels/The Football Factory) give sterling performances in this dark, violent movie, with no holding back, Unarmed But Dangerous delivers in all ways - if you like violence, blood, guts and, then you will love the Unarmed But Dangerous . Definitely not for the faint hearted, women or children, be warned, this film pulls no punches!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I've watched "Crippled Masters" once......once!......and that was years ago. And while those guys were very talented despite their handicaps, it still kind of turned my stomach watching them. So........I'll probably pass on this.

One Armed Boxer

Looks beyond awful to me, although the trailer gets points for it's sheer audacity at using the line "Bruce Willis with flippers!" to sell the movie. AlbertV this movie isn't from this year though, it was made back in 2009.

The spiel is correct when it points out that "strong cast" member Faye Tozer used to be a member of Steps...no it's not a movie title but was the UK's leading, and possibly only, line-dancing pop group from the early 2000's...thanfully they're now long gone, but for anyone that's curious she's the one wearing yellow -

4NO-h9PFum4

I have bad memories of hearing Steps..

This looks pretty dire.

tragedy :tongue:

sorry that's all I remember of the song.

One Armed Boxer

So if you had to choose.....what would it be, sit through the whole of 'Unarmed but Dangerous', or Steps Greatest Hits DVD?

Personally I'm going for Steps, hit the mute button and back then Faye Tozer was pretty easy on the eye.

So if you had to choose.....what would it be, sit through the whole of 'Unarmed but Dangerous', or Steps Greatest Hits DVD?

Personally I'm going for Steps, hit the mute button and back then Faye Tozer was pretty easy on the eye.

just to make it harder what if you couldn't hit the mute button?

I would probably go with the movie which looks pretty bad but the thought of an hour or two of actually listening to non-stop Steps greatest hits sounds the more torturous. she may be really easy on the eyes but half the screen time is going to be on the male "band" members, maybe more because I should imagine they target young girls and gay men.

One Armed Boxer

Ha ha...sorry blue_skies, I think I'd still go for Steps.

There are 2 recently created genres that really grate my nerves to the bone - the D-grade British gangster flick (most of which star Danny Dyer), & the D-grade MMA movie (most of which have some current or retired UFC star turn up at some point)....this movie, while containing neither Danny Dyer (although his quote is on the cover), or any UFC stars, somehow manages to feel like a horrible mix of both of them, I'll be staying well away.

ShaOW!linDude

I never clinked on the link AV provided. Then OAB mentioned a trailer. So, I watched it.

Now, I will definitely pass on ever seeing this.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay.....now I've been subjected to "Steps". Curse you, OAB!

Um, guys....I know that we both speak English in the US and the UK but when that crossed the big pond, you fellows lost something in the translation.:tongue: Line dancing is generally performed to country music (you know, good ol' redneck honky-tonk music) and not to pop-disco with a beach party theme. I'm sorry you gents had to suffer through that.

Archived