Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters (2012 Super Sentai Series)

AlbertV

On August 22, there were rumors that Toei has registered the following name of their next Super Sentai Series after GOKAIGER:

GENKI SENTAI BARUGANGER

This is rumored to be a Western (cowboy) themed series, but then...

On September 15, another name was rumored to be the new SSS,

HYAKI SENTAI HIDENGER

This would revolve more around a Yokai-style team and there would be 3 Rangers:

Red Hiden- Kyuubi (9 tailed fox)

Yellow Hiden - Nekobake/Bakeneko (a monster cat, not necessarily a two-tailed cat, which is a nekomata)

Blue Hiden - Yatagara/Yatagarasu (a 3-legged crow that appears in many Asian mythologies)

Source: Toku Insider

What would you prefer? Cowboys or Yokai?

ED NOTE: Baruganger was confirmed to be fake and it looks as if Hidenger may in fact be the new series. Once Toei has confirmed the copyrights, I will let you all know.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

Neither Baruganger or Hidenger will be the new Super Sentai Series of 2012. Toei has made it official last week. The new series is called

Tokumei Sentai Gobuster

The theme: Bounty Hunters according to rumors at the moment. The Rangers are rumored to be as followed:

Shoki Ryo a.k.a CrimeBuster (Red)

Aizawa Aberu a.k.a. OniBuster (Yellow)

Nami a.k.a. AlienBuster (Blue).

The villain group? Rogue Gallery

There is also rumors that this may be a SS version of Ghostbusters. However, at this time, details have not been confirmed except for the title.

The title of the series is official, but the rest are all spec now.

Okay, so here's an update on Tokumei Sentai Gobuster from Toku Insider:

-The Gobusters' henshin device is known as the "Mission Paneler" When the "Change Panel" is pushed, the Gobusters suits appear!

-The Gobusters are composed of GobusRed, GobusBlue, GobusYellow, GobusGreen, and GobusWhite. Based on previous info, Green and White may join a little after, or be the rumored "partners" of the main time.

Well, put all the previous rumors to rest...here is the 1st official image of the new Sentai team, GoBuster

Gobuster1.jpg

They are RedBuster, BlueBuster, and YellowBuster. The only true rumor as it looks to be the bounty hunter theme.

Plot of Gobuster series

"Long ago, among secluded mountains, far from any civilization, a center conducted research interested in Human Innovation. One day, the main Super Computer conducting research becomes malicious and goes beserk, attaining sentience. Humanity manages to stop it, and peace returned...or so it seemed...

Predicting that their enemy might return and attack in the future, humans decide to build giant robots and machines, training chosen warriors to use this technology and fight against the Super Computer. That fated day has arrived. And so, TEAM GO-BUSTERS is formed, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters! Now their battle begins!"

Confirmed cast for GoBuster:

Katsuhiro Suzuki as Hiromu Sakurada/RedBuster

Ryouma Baba as Ryuuji Iwasaki/BlueBuster

Arisa Komiya as Youka Usami/YellowBuster

Syo Jinnai has also joined the cast as a villain named "Enter"

Here's your look at the cast

la3fl.jpg

Gobuster looks like it is shaping into an interesting show. Bounty hunters is a cool theme for them to be going with this time around. It is a shame that the other two are not real thought. I would have liked to seen how they would handle cowboy rangers and a Yokai theme would have been awsome!

I am so hyped for this show. Even though I love the hell out of Gokaiger and will be sad to see it end, I can't think of a better show to lead into. It sounds great on paper, and with the new promos out, it looks like it will be going in a different direction.

From what I hear, the producer and some writers from Kamen Rider OOO will be working on it and promise that it will be a bit more drama-heavy like the recent Kamen Rider shows. Also, the main suit actor for the Red rangers, Hirofumi Fukuzawa, said to be the action director this time around, we are told we can look forward to more dynamic action scenes, both in the suits and in the mech battles. So, everything is shaping out to be pretty damn awesome. I'm so hyped for this.

VcTt-IssZKc

Thirteen years ago, the computer controlling the energy source called the Enetron was infected by a virus that caused it to create the evil energy being known as Messiah who wishes to take over mankind and create a world made for machines. In the present day, the Energy Administration Bureau sends out its special spy team known as the Go-Busters and their Buddyloids to battle Messiah and its underlings collectively known as Vagurasu to prevent further viral incursions onto the Enetron.

I just learned the line that the Go-Busters will say when they will change:

"Let's morphin!"...talk about homage to the Power Rangers :D

The show will premiere in Japan on February 26 as Gokaiger ends their series this Sunday! :)

Official Japanese website: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/go-bus/

Okay, I finally caught the 1st episode (had to watch it unsubbed due to TV-Nihon being down for the moment). Where POWER RANGERS borrowed from Super Sentai, Toei has borrowed back...

When the Go-Busters begin their transformation, their bracelet voices "It's Morphin' Time".

The monsters the Vagras use on the show are called Megazords.

The villains themselves are apparently something similar to POWER RANGERS RPM, a computer virus-like monster army.

Nice to see Toei using PR references here :)

Archived