New Kung Fu double bill reviewed - unusual Bruce Le movie!

Killer Meteor

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like some clarification on that too. (Judging from what i read, King Boxer 2 is some kind of disjointed production as well)

Ok, BRUCE'S LAST BATTLE is a print with a spliced in title card reading BRUCE'S NINJA SECRET accompanied by that tinny anthem which accompanied all the spliced in title cards seen on tons of trailers on the Something Weird Video collections.

The dubbing is HK based, and I place the film as likely no later than 1983. The plot concerns the hunt for a treasure, and two coins in particular.

The majority of the film seems to have been shot in the Phillipines - this footage covers most of the film, and involves Bruce Le taking on a fat female masseur, lots of midgets, and the final fight is with a kung fu kicking babe.

Bruce Le has two fights with Nick Cheung, that may be from another production.

The Lo Lieh and Chiang Tao footage is from BRUCE'S DEADLY FINGERS, and concludes 50min into this film. The dialogue from the earlier film is re-dubbed so its a treausre hunt rather than the search for the "Kung Fu Finger Book"

The soundtrack features music from ENTER THE DRAGON, CARRIE, BATTLE CREEK BRAWL, FLASH GORDON, and most oddly, a disco version of the GAME OF DEATH theme!

The credited director is Joseph Kong.

Archived