1) Once Upon A Time in the West [1968] - Charles Bronson

2) For A Few Dollars More (1965) - Clint Eastwood

3) Fistful of Dollars (1964) - Clint Eastwood

4) I Giorni Dell'Ira AKA Days of Wrath (1967) - Lee Van Cleef

5) Sabata

6) Any Gun Can Play

7) Bandidos

8) Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966) - Clint Eastwood

9) I will add more later... (When I've watched them :b )

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gimpusmons

I haven't seen that many, but here are a few popular ones that I have really enjoyed. I'll add to this list as more come to mind.

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (1966)

They Call Me Trinity (1971)

Trinity is Still My Name (1972)

Guest rudolph

Well, Keoma (1976) is brilliant! I have only seen it once, but I thought it was one of the best westerns ever! I haven't seen Django though, they say it's really, really good... available on DVD too, from Anchor Bay along with it's sequel.

Guest AndyBronson

I have only seen four but i consider once upon a time in the west to be the greatest movie ever made

1. Once upon a time in the west

2. For a few dollars more

3. the good bad and the ugly

4. a fistfull of dollars

Guest mantis2k

Rudolph, thanks for your recomendation, I will look out for that movie! It seems very interesting with one man doing all the killing!

Kills:

Keoma - 25 (shoots 20, knifes 5)

other - 36

Andy, I see you share a similar taste to me ;)

Guest rudolph

Well, all I know is that Franco Nero carries a coffin with a gatling gun in it! And unlike other westerns in the 60's, and 70's, there is lots of blood and death!

Here are some review links and a link to the cheapest copy I could find.

www.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...=ABD010935

Reviews:

www.teleport-city.com/mov...jango.html

homepages.tesco.net/~intr...django.htm

Hell, I just now ordered my own copy from Deepdiscount, can't wait!

Another film I wanna check out is Master Gunfighter:

www.dvdsoon.com/showtitle...?uid=39021

Review:

www.videopremiereawards.c...ghter.html

Unfortunately I don't have money to spend on this now!:(

1. Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

2. For a Few Dollars More

3. Fistful of Dollars

4. Once Upon a Time in the West

5. Duck, You Sucker (aka Fistful of Dynamite)

6. Django

7. The Great Silence

And although I don't know if they belong in the top ten or not, I liked Fistful of Lead a lot (it's on DVD really cheap, and it's a retitling of Sartana's Here... Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin.) And I liked Lee Van Cleef's Death Rides A Horse pretty good, even though all of the (cheap) DVDs out there have horrible picture quality. Another one a lot of people seem to like is Four Of The Apocalypse, but even though I love Lucio Fulci, that one's just kinda silly to me for some reason... it's not terrible, but no classic.

I'm tempted to count such Clint classics as High Plains Drifter, Hang ?Em High and Joe Kidd... they're not Spaghetti Westerns, though, but American films definitely-inspired by Leone's work.

I just got the Spaghetti Western Box Set in the mail (including the notorious Django, Kill! If You Live, Shoot, as well as Run, Man, Run and Mannaja, A Man Called Blade, as well as another DVD of the original, classic Django, which was remastered from the original camera negative and includes a second audio track with the original Italian dialogue, so you can watch it subtitled... this might help, because I don't like the voice they gave Franco Nero in the dubbed version. In any form, though, Django is essential) but haven't watched ?em yet. And I just ordered Keoma today - can't wait, looks excellent.

I actually saw Master Gunfighter in the theatre... it's not really a Spaghetti western, but Tom Laughlin's American to create another mythic "Billy Jack" character. It's... well, it's not all bad, but you do have to laugh at a lot of it, and it needs some work on the pacing - two hours and only a few gunfights and swordfights, plus Laughlin's usual it-was-cool-the-first-time, but-now-it's-getting-silly mannerisms (beware when he takes his hat off and rubs his head and blows out air, because he's reluctantly going to kill somebody even though he hates to do it! :) ) It's worth a look if you find it cheap enough, especially since it's always cool to see Ron "Superfly" O'Neal in anything...

Guest Holy Robe of Shaolin

My top 10:

1) THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

2) FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE

3) FISTFUL OF DOLLARS

4) A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL

5) THE GREAT SILENCE

6) THE BIG GUNDOWN

7) DJANGO

8) ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

9) SABATA

10) BLINDMAN

Guest Highcalm

In addition to the usual clint/ leone stuff,

I would recommend Lee Van Cleef's movies

as well. I have beyond the law and

death rides a horse, which are hard to

find in great shape (on dvd), but which are

very worth seeing if you like the genre.

He made a good number of movies in general;

I can't believe nobody has given his movies the

treatment they deserve. Cleef rules!

Guest mantis2k

I just added Sabata to my top 10, which was really good, with some nice gimmicks! I watched Return, but wasn't too impressed :(

I've got 3 new Spag's to watch tonight! :)

Any Gun Can Play

Bandidos

Adios, Sabata

How do you rate these?

I think I've got all the Sabata movies around on tape somewhere (Turner Classic showed them about a year ago during a "Spaghetti Western Night" and I taped everything) but they're buried somewhere in a mountain of videotape... I may have to do some digging, because I haven't watched them yet. I also have the unsettling feeling that I've got the Big Gundown somwhere, too. Someday I'll get organized... Or I'll do what I usually do - wait til they show it again and then tape it *again*. Which is why everything's lost in a mountain of videotape... I tape things multiple times because I lost the first copy. :)

I've got that Van Cleef double feature but haven't watched Beyond the Law yet. I liked Death Rides a Horse a lot, though, even though the picture quality is baaaaad. Luckily I used to watch a lot of low-rent channels with bad prints and transfers of everything, so DVD hasn't spoiled me quite yet.

I finally got around to watching Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot! from the new Spaghetti Western box set, and it's pretty good. Not quite as gory as the legends had me believe, but it is pretty strange, for sure, and there is no shortage of violence and nastiness. Like most "Django" movies, though, it's got nothing to do with Franco Nero's original character... I think the only two movies with that actual character in them are Django and Django Strikes Again, which came out a couple decades after the first... the sequel wasn't bad (I liked him digging up the coffin with the machine gun in it) but somehow didn't have the muddy, nihilistic, mystical atmosphere the original movie did...

Guest martialclub

Here is my top ten spaghetti westerns

1. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

2. ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

3. FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE

4. FISTFUL OF DOLLARS

5. DAYS OF ANGER- LEE VAN CLEEF + GIULIANO GEMMA aka Montgomery Wood

6. A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL

7. NAVAJO JOE- BURT REYNOLDS

8. DEATH RIDES A HORSE

9. A MAN CALLED SLEDGE- JAMES GARNER

10.THEY CALL ME TRINITY

NOTE: Choosing 10 is not an easy task you could make a case for the following titles as well.

1.Django, Great Silence, If You Meet Sartana Pray For Your Death, Sam Coopers Gold, Keoma, They Called Me Trinity, Trinity Is Still My Name, man called noon, The Genius, Face To Face, FistFul Of Dynamite and Any Gun can Play.

Guest blackhell67

I have been watching and collecting Spaghetti Western movies,posters and memorabilia for over 17 years..here are without a doubt the top 15 (no particular order)

1.A Fistful of Dollars

2.For a Few Dollars More

3.The Good,the Bad & the Ugly

4.Once Upon a Time in the West

5.The Big Gundown

6.The Great Silence

7.Django

8.Face to Face

9.Keoma

10.A Bullet for the General

11.Death Rides A Horse

12.Companeros

13.Mannaja

14.Django the Bastard (Strangers Gundown)

15.Duck you Sucker

Guest JOEVIKINGSNJ

Where did you get your Spaghetti Western Box Set, and what is the name of it??? Please respond.

Guest FLPete

This is Flash legs Pete Snr. I am now a western collector my son Flashlegs Pete Jr is now the man for Kungs. My top ten westerns are:

1 ) One Silver Dollar

2 ) Few Dollars More

3 ) Fighting Fist of Shang Hai Joe

4 ) A Man Called Blade

5 ) A Pistol For Ringo

6 ) The Good The Bad The Ugly

7 ) Keoma

8 ) DJango

9 ) Day of Anger

10 ) Faccia A Faccia

1.  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

2. Once Upon A Time in The West

3. A Fistful of Dollars

4. Django (1966)

5. Sabata

6. God Forgives, I Don't

7. The Mercenary

8. The Big Gundown

9. A Bullet for The General

10. Duck, You Sucker

Here's my top 10:

1)  Once Upon a Time in the West
2)  For a Few Dollars More
3)  A Fistful of Dynamite
4)  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
5)  The Big Gundown
6)  Keoma
7)  10,000 Dollars for a Massacre
8)  Vengeance
9)  Django Kill
10) Cemetary Without Crosses

Quite difficult for me since I'm really into the genre. I have a lot of obscure ones on DVD-R that haven't been released on DVD or Blu-ray, including some Kung Fu hybrids. If anybody is interested, I am happy to do trades for other films 

Archived