Game of Death Hi-Def on Netflix (Miramax?)

mpm74

Was checking this out on Netflix, two things caught my eye:

- Miramax logo (?) at the beginning, followed by Golden Harvest logo (with Chinese characters)

- Missing sounds during pre-credit intro: During the yelling Bruce Lee heads and brief nunchuck scene (from Way of the Dragon), there's NO SOUND! ... suddenly the John Barry score starts... (possibly a sound glitch, but way too perfect placed to qualify as one...)

Strange...

Anyways, it's in hi def so it looks decent, but not great (I'm sure it's the same as the HK Blu-ray release, which were lame, judging from reviews)...

The good news is these might be arriving on Blu-ray soon. The bad news is... WTF is up with this version?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably no sound during that part because the film, originally released by Columbia Pictures, had their logos and music in that area during the original credits. They may no longer have the rights of distribution maybe?

Guest Markgway

IIRC the old censored UK VHS had no sound during the yelling heads (of course the nunchaku shot was replaced by a freeze frame). I'm sure every other version (ie. uncut) that I've seen has the audio. Sounds like some kind of error.

"Thanks a lot guys, you're messin' around with my love life!"

"There has to be another answer... I've got to find it!"

Killer Meteor

I'm going to be cool and quote from the superior Chinese version...

"Now, go and tell Land that I, Billy Lo, can not be scared off...oh, and by the way, your kicks are lousy!"

"Doctor, let's go and see that Anne girl. You never know, she may fancy bald men"

"You know, I once knew a super rock group in London. Called themselves the Flight Crew. Had brilliant potential. Brilliant. Yeah, but they were very stubborn. Their lead guitarist Iost a couple offingers one night."

FlightCrewAlbumGameofDeath.jpg

"You know, I once knew a super rock group in London. Called themselves the Flight Crew. Had brilliant potential. Brilliant. Yeah, but they were very stubborn. Their lead guitarist Iost a couple offingers one night."

FlightCrewAlbumGameofDeath.jpg

Click...Click..."just like that...":wink:

"A man, has got to have all of his parts to make it... Don't you agree with that, Billy?! Well, it's getting a little late, We'll be sitting right there, by the telephone... just waiting for you to call... But patience, That's not one of our virtues. "

Archived