Five Element Ninjas/Super Ninjas Coming to Blu-ray

Ronin

I have the DVD of this, and can only hope I'm lucky enough to get the Blu Ray. This is one of the best to get released to this format.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the DVD of this, and can only hope I'm lucky enough to get the Blu Ray. This is one of the best to get released to this format.

besides Kid With the Golden Arms. ;)

I'm happy some more are coming out. I've been trying to grab all MB Blu-rays as I don't want to deal with MB going out of business and OOP prices kicking in. "Oh yes we have KWTGA on Blu-ray used conditions it's $200".:sad:

It`s here! Joy! My blu came today. Watching it now.

It`s pretty much the same thing as the dvd. The menu is different. As well, the additional trailers are different than what was on the dvd. On the blu we have Black Magic 2, Deadly Duo, Ichi the Killer and Death Trance. According to the packaging, all the bonus features are in standard definition. Now, here is something that I am not sure of. On the original packaging for the dvd it stated "original audio mix". So, on the dvd it would have been english dub and mandarin with an english 5.1 mix. Now, I do not have surround sound or anything like that. So, I can not tell. But, on the blu, there is only mandarin and english. But, the blu packaging states: ENGLISH DTS-HD 2.0 and MANDARIN DTS-HD 2.0. So, I guess that the English 5.1 mix is missing. Or???

Had mine shipped to my work so mail carrier wouldn't screw up delivery... :angel:

They delivered after I went home for the day. So hopefully it's there when I get to work tomorrow.

Can't friggin' win!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Had mine shipped to my work so mail carrier wouldn't screw up delivery... :angel:

They delivered after I went home for the day. So hopefully it's there when I get to work tomorrow.

Can't friggin' win!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Oh man you ain't kiddin... That's how I am with most of my mails recently I want them directly to my work place.. If I were you I'd go to the postal service complain to them and talk to the mail carrier personally on why they keep screwing up your mails.. I would even harass them on the phone and complain as well and write them an email and eventually they will get the message to not screw up on your personal mails anymore... Those bastards, they will pay!!!!!!!!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t::tinysmile_angry2_t::tinysmile_angry2_t:

Yeah. I made An extra trip back to work that evening.. Didnt want my Shaws to to disappear. Funny how that kind of thing happens. Not this time!

:smile:

Tigerstyles

just got this my FIRST SB Blu Ray and its a stella disc.. so clear its painful

great old school dubbing/..

Eastern Evil
just got this my FIRST SB Blu Ray and its a stella disc.. so clear its painful

great old school dubbing/..

My 1st was 5 Deadly Venoms.

Have this one & Heroes Two - 7 Man Army & One Armed Swordsman....

I'd like Web of Death soon as well.

They are awesome indeed!

It's region A (that's what the backcover says)....i have a region free player, so i can't test it...

Yes is region free, I got mine from Amazon.com.

And I will say that the picture quality is beautiful, there are a few split seconds on the top or bottom of the screen when its just a little fuzzy but its only in the corners, and like I said its a few seconds. But what a great job they did with it on BR! I wish they would now do that with the rest of the SB movies.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Picture quality looks good to me, I think i bought it under 10 bucks on Amazon, not sure how much it cost now??

Eastern Evil
EasternEvil, where did you get 7 Man Army on Blu Ray?

:nerd:

I German friend was nice enough to get me a copy.

'IDG Poland' is the distributor.

I German friend was nice enough to get me a copy.

'IDG Poland' is the distributor.

Sweet. Does it have Eng. subs?

OpiumKungFuCracker

You think if it wasn't for the tattoos, Chan Wai-Man would get more roles than just villain ones? Maybe deep in his filmography he played different roles where he's the leading man?

TibetanWhiteCrane

He played a lot of leads early on, though he was rocking those triad tats even then, I think.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah especially in this one, it was all over the place. It didn't feel like acting but a gangster getting that paycheck.. Good film nonetheless, tons of action/dismemberment and blood... Poor Lo Meng:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Archived