Five Element Ninjas/Super Ninjas Coming to Blu-ray

Ronin

The blue is missing the vhs version of "Three Styles of the Hung Fist". The font on the subs is different. The dvd font looks thicker and is more in the image of the film. I prefer the blu-ray where the subs are mostly outside the black box. I think the blue has a couple of extra trailers.

The other difference that I was thinking of was on Five Deadly Venoms. I hated the menu on the blu because it played some generic rock/synth track(DD theme song perhaps?) that had nothing to do with the film. However, the dvd of the disc has the music from the movie playing. Not sure why they changed it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
The blue is missing the vhs version of "Three Styles of the Hung Fist".

There are four versions of 'Hung Fist' on the BD:

Old and new English and old and new Mandarin.

Since this movie is one of their hottest DVD sellers, I doubt Tokyo Shock will yank us around with false release dates. It's starting to show up everywhere with a December 13th release date and the Blu-ray packaging has been released (same as DVD release, only the more Blu-ray box-format). I'll email my contacts tomorrow and see if it a definite release for Dec 13th.

http://www.cityonfire.com/five-element-ninjas-aka-chinese-super-ninjas-blu-ray-tokyo-shock/

I haven't been posting a lot of releases lately in this forum (trying to not come off like I'm self-promoting cityonfire, in respect to owner of this site and its mods), but here's a list of R1 martial arts/asian releases coming out soon.

Since this movie is one of their hottest DVD sellers, I doubt Tokyo Shock will yank us around with false release dates. It's starting to show up everywhere with a December 13th release date and the Blu-ray packaging has been released (same as DVD release, only the more Blu-ray box-format). I'll email my contacts tomorrow and see if it a definite release for Dec 13th.

I haven't been posting a lot of releases lately in this forum (trying to not come off like I'm self-promoting cityonfire, in respect to owner of this site and its mods), but here's a list of R1 martial arts/asian releases coming out soon.

So only Blu?:squigglemouth: are they locked to US region usually?

So only Blu?:squigglemouth: are they locked to US region usually?

They already released a DVD a couple years back. It's currently OOP, but there are some copies going on amazon.com for some serious bucks. If you have DVD copies, now is the time to sell it so you can upgrade to Blu-ray and still have money leftover for a nice creamy snack.

Originally Posted by Asmo

Put it like this: the PQ of the DVD was very good already. If this ever shows up on BD, all you can realistically expect is a fairly minor upgrade, I presume. And absolutely nada in terms of extras…

Instead of looking into the crystal ball and speculate about BD releases in the (presumably) distant future, let’s stay grounded and hope MB/Tokyo Shock sticks to their promised 23rd of August issue date for LION VS. LION. This was already changed twice, if I remember correctly…

MB has put out perhaps the most atrociously mastered content on Blu (i.e. Urotsukidouji), however as we have seen with their content from Celestial and recently in anime with Twelve Kingdoms they seem to be able to keep their hands off a decent transfer when they have one. So here's hoping!:bigsmile:

5ENslick.jpg

Damn, they seem to be going all out for this one. Maybe with this, they'll actually stick to a release date! Hell, their proposed Story of Ricky blu-ray was pushed back again, now to the end of November!

But, I digress, and if this looks as good as the Heroes Two blu-ray, I'll be quite happy! :bigsmile:

I'm sure I'm missing something but an aspect ratio of 1.85:1??

Amazon's technical specs are known for their inaccuracy. I wouldn't worry about it.

5ENslick.jpg

Amazon's technical specs are known for their inaccuracy. I wouldn't worry about it.

I wasn't looking at the Amazon specs, I was looking at the photo (see photo above) of the spec sheet. It says 1.85:1 on the specs. I hope that is not true because that would just be stupid.

I wasn't looking at the Amazon specs, I was looking at the photo (see photo above) of the spec sheet. It says 1.85:1 on the specs. I hope that is not true because that would just be stupid.

My bad. Yeah, that would be stupid - that's gotta be a typo :laluot_17:

Got my disc already and it is listed as scope on the back. Easily available already via Ebay.

Good to know. Thanks for the update!

The DVD is now harder to find and more expensive than the damn blu-ray. Oy vey.

For the time being then when fans pick up the Blu-ray DVDs will turn up cheaper. Anyway the DVD shouldn't be harder to find as they are there. The Blu-ray isn't Released for another fortnight according to Amazon

Eastern Evil

I can't wait for this - it will be my 2nd Blu Ray purchase (5 Deadly Venoms was 1st).

It was beautiful in standard, I can't imagine them improving this!!!

Archived