Five Element Ninjas/Super Ninjas Coming to Blu-ray

Ronin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
I was just thinking about picking this up on DVD because I was tired of waiting for a blu-ray - glad I waited! :nerd:

Same here!

froffeecoffee

I just sold my Ground Zero dvd with plans on buying the Media Blasters version. My day just got better!

Terrific news, this is one of my favorite SB films of all time. I already have the DVD but I definitely will get the blu-ray as well.

DAMN YOU MEDIA BLASTERS! They need to stop announcing movies that make me go "I have to get that on blu-ray!" only for them to be delayed multiple times :sad:

Okay, I'll stop before I get into the typical "too many delays" rant... if only because their releases kick ass. The DVD was already damn good, so the blu-ray should be impressive. Their Italian horror blu-rays leave a bit more to be desired, but that's more due to the restoration company in Rome... at least these should be the same HD transfers from Celestial.

Coming out when ?? I ain't seen nothing on Amazon yet... Dunno, but mere Facebook entries about release intentions shouldn't generate excitement. I mean, how many times was LION Vs. LION announced and pulled back ? How many Shaws did they release in the last two years...?

Coming out when ?? I ain't seen nothing on Amazon yet... Dunno, but mere Facebook entries about release intentions shouldn't generate excitement. I mean, how many times was LION Vs. LION announced and pulled back ? How many Shaws did they release in the last two years...?

Exactly!! I just don’t know if I am going to buy it. I kinda depends on my financial situation in the year 2020, when it is finally released.

I’m definitely not holding my breath.

On their Facebook page they told me that 10 Tigers of Kwantung and Kid with Golden Arm would be coming to Blu ray, but right now they were focused on their Godzilla releases. Couple days later they posted the Five Element Ninja post.

Like others in this thread, I was holding out on buying the DVD. I can wait a bit longer, if I know it's definitely coming to Bluray.

Originally Posted by Asmo

Like others in this thread, I was holding out on buying the DVD. I can wait a bit longer, if I know it's definitely coming to Bluray.

Put it like this: the PQ of the DVD was very good already. If this ever shows up on BD, all you can realistically expect is a fairly minor upgrade, I presume. And absolutely nada in terms of extras…

Instead of looking into the crystal ball and speculate about BD releases in the (presumably) distant future, let’s stay grounded and hope MB/Tokyo Shock sticks to their promised 23rd of August issue date for LION VS. LION. This was already changed twice, if I remember correctly…

Well, might have something to do with my HK-centric perspective, but too many times I found the difference between a good DVD and a BD not all that dramatic.

But let’s discuss this when the egg is in the basket… :smile:

Originally Posted by Asmo

Put it like this: the PQ of the DVD was very good already. If this ever shows up on BD, all you can realistically expect is a fairly minor upgrade, I presume. And absolutely nada in terms of extras…

Instead of looking into the crystal ball and speculate about BD releases in the (presumably) distant future, let’s stay grounded and hope MB/Tokyo Shock sticks to their promised 23rd of August issue date for LION VS. LION. This was already changed twice, if I remember correctly…

Lion Vs. Lion is done already. I have had it for almost 2 weeks now as DVDEmpire never updated their release date for it. They have the back cover up, if you want to see it. Bottom line, they have it for sale already.

Guest Markgway

Just watched Tokyo Shock's BD of Heroes Two and it looked terrific.... Fingers crossed Five Element Ninjas is more of the same.

shaolin drunkard

Pity they failed to release bluerays and dvds same time.I upgraded ivl for mb but not going to spend any more money for this movie.

Apparently they tried pulling that off with Iron Bodyguards... only to find out there was apparently no HD master for that one :squigglemouth:

According to Tokyo Shock The Godzilla discs and Riki Oh disc are gonna have several extra features. They have a bunch of stuff coming soon so who knows. Also, They mentioned that Brave Archer 2 might get released before Magnificent Ruffians (sounds suspiciously like a delay for MR).

Meh I really don't mind tripple dipping here as i'm just excited at the prospect of the blu-ray.... OK, maybe I feel just a tad bitchy. :tongue:

Yeah, but don`t forget that there are some minor differences in the extras between the Heroes Two dvd and blu-ray. So, you may want to hold onto both. It is possible that that may continue to be the case. I would rather just get one or the other.

shaolin drunkard
Meh I really don't mind tripple dipping here as i'm just excited at the prospect of the blu-ray.... OK, maybe I feel just a tad bitchy. :tongue:

It`s cool that there is around persons like you who support companies big time....I do not find 5 elem worth it tho, brilliant movie it is tho but seen so often.Gonna double 5 shaolin masters for dub((its better than elements))(I do not often like dubs but in this case I feel it adds lot to movies atmosphere) and even triple if decent blueray released, that is elite kungfu movie

Archived