Jackie Chan *Japan Blurays - November

Son Of A Gun

Son Of A Gun

Jackie Chan Japanese blurays coming in November -

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_62097589_3?ie=UTF8&docId=3077088346&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0FPN44HJ442S75ZCFX08&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=105991689&pf_rd_i=B005FOLJ9M

Apparently they are the Japan Theatrical cuts. But if this was true, I think that would mean that ''Project A 2'' would have the long lost 'Execution scene'.

Project A is a 3 disc edition including the Making of! Will probably be the television special aired years ago in Japan.

-

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I expected them, but no English subs... Might still get them, meaning the 4th or 5th time I've gotten some of these films. :cry:

Guest Markgway
Apparently they are the Japan Theatrical cuts. But if this was true, I think that would mean that ''Project A 2'' would have the long lost 'Execution scene'

I remember the old VPD tape had a still from those deleted scenes.

Son Of A Gun

That's right. I have quite a few stills from the scenes from books and the short bit of footage in the Japanese trailer. I doubt this bluray will have that footage in the movie but I hope it does.

Son Of A Gun

Yep, that's part of it, but there is actually more to it. Like Jackie in jail awaiting execution 'n' stuff.

th_1d22b419.jpg

It was an alternate plot that they allegedly played for the Japanese premiere but then changed for the HK release and elsewhere.

I'm guessing Ma Yu Lung (Jackie) was sent to prison after the gold watch was found in his pocket at the birthday ball.

Guest Markgway
I'm guessing Ma Yu Lung (Jackie) was sent to prison after the gold watch was found in his pocket at the birthday ball.

They probably cut the actual prison scenes for length. Their inclusion might have taken film up to 2 hrs as per Police Story II.

Cool,ive always wanted to see all the stuff that wasnt used for Drunken Master 2 aswell that Lau kar Leung filmed

thundered mantis

My question is: will those be real HD and good transfers, or just s**ty upscales like many of the HK BDs?

Archived