Attack The Block (2011)

OpiumKungFuCracker

Cognoscente

Back when Hong Kong was a British colony, it's a shame that no-one thought about making a martial arts movie version of The Principal (1987) set in England. It would have been awesome to see someone like Sammo beat the HELL out of chavs! The only thing close to that sight is The 51st State.

Had this remake happened, it would probably have been compared with To Sir, with Love (1967). In the latter, Sidney Poitier is an immigrant teacher forced to deal with English students who were essentially the chavs of their time.

• Like 1

Get ready to Attack the Block again! John Boyega and Joe Cornish are going to make a sequel! Cornish returns to write and direct with Boyega serving as producer AND returning to his role of Moses.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/attack-the-block-2-sequel-john-boyega-joe-cornish-reunite-nira-park-studio-canal-film4-cult-classic-1234758463/

• Like 3

I'm just wondering what exactly the heck a "Chav" is that everyone above is talking about. lol

• Like 2

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

A chav is the British version of a hick.

22 hours ago, DarthKato said:

I'm just wondering what exactly the heck a "Chav" is that everyone above is talking about. lol

It was a term of someone who dressed in a particular style, and listened to a particular genre of music. It's not a term I hear used that much anmyore.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It was a term of someone who dressed in a particular style, and listened to a particular genre of music. It's not a term I hear used that much anmyore.

Thanks @DragonClaws

• Like 2