Which Bruce Lee box set is the "best"?

Yellow Faced Tiger

Yellow Faced Tiger

Just curious on other peoples' thoughts.

I own the Ultimate Collection and Legendary Collection. I sat through the Master Collection several years back but I can't remember too much about it in specific other than I think that they had some blatant cuts to them (ala the prostitute scene in Way of the Dragon).

I hear that the HK Legends box set/dvds are the way to go but I've never seen any of the movies within myself.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ultimate collection for picture quality

hong kong legends for extras + the 2 disc versions

master collection because the big boss (fists of fury) and game of death have snippets of different footage (nothing much)

If you want to go with one set, The HKL 30th Anniversary set is the way to go. It's the only set to provide special features, commentaries by Bey Logan and still photo album. The resolution isn't as snappy as The Ultimate Collection, however, you won't be disappointed.

picture.php?albumid=141&pictureid=3218

BlurayStation3

The 30th Anniversary set is great, but the newer Australian HKL sets contain the 2-disc version of WotD as well as GoD2 and other documentaries (The Legend/Man and The Legend, Grandmaster And The Dragon).

bruce-lee-box-australia3.jpg

Bruce Lee Original Icon Collection (9-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend, The Grandmaster And The Dragon: William Cheung And Bruce Lee.

lee-box-australia11.jpg

Bruce Lee The Ultimate Collection (8-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend. Extras: Softcover Book.

lee-box-australia2.jpg

Bruce Lee Dragon Collection (9-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend, The Grandmaster And The Dragon: William Cheung And Bruce Lee.

The 30th Anniversary set is great, but the newer Australian HKL sets contain the 2-disc version of WotD as well as GoD2 and other documentaries (The Legend/Man and The Legend, Grandmaster And The Dragon).

So true. Btw, don't forget that the Bruce Lee Dragon Collection also have a hard cover book included.

bruce-lee-box-australia3.jpg

Bruce Lee Original Icon Collection (9-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend, The Grandmaster And The Dragon: William Cheung And Bruce Lee.

lee-box-australia11.jpg

Bruce Lee The Ultimate Collection (8-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend. Extras: Softcover Book.

lee-box-australia2.jpg

Bruce Lee Dragon Collection (9-Disc Set): The Big Boss, Fist Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death (2-Disc Set), Game Of Death 2, Bruce Lee The Legend/The Man And The Legend, The Grandmaster And The Dragon: William Cheung And Bruce Lee.

Ahh... I must be getting old...

:nerd:

BlurayStation3
So true. Btw, don't forget that the Bruce Lee Dragon Collection also have a hard cover book included.

Yeah, the whole thing is a gigantic hardcover book. The last pages hold the discs.

Archived