Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu (1978)

Gaijin84

I know this movie kind of sucked (IMO), but does anyone know where to get this widescreen version?

TKnbtHRTJqc&feature=related

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possible, does anyone have it? The version that is sold in the US under the title "Ching Wu & Shaolin Kung Fu" has the title screen as the German "Der Gelbe Gorilla" but the print is absolutely terrible. Nothing like that video, but it's also cropped fullscreen unlike the aspect specified on that Amazon product page.

Can anyone enlighten us on that German version?

Quite possible, does anyone have it? The version that is sold in the US under the title "Ching Wu & Shaolin Kung Fu" has the title screen as the German "Der Gelbe Gorilla" but the print is absolutely terrible. Nothing like that video, but it's also cropped fullscreen unlike the aspect specified on that Amazon product page.

Can anyone enlighten us on that German version?

I have it. PM me if you want a copy.

chilly bong

I have the NEW German DVD too.

It's decent quality widesceen for the most part but like some other German wide prints it's cut.

Fortunately the cut scenes have been edited back in, all be it from a full sceen VHS source.... so the quality varies accordingly. If that makes sense.

I have the NEW German DVD too.

It's decent quality widesceen for the most part but like some other German wide prints it's cut.

Fortunately the cut scenes have been edited back in, all be it from a full sceen VHS source.... so the quality varies accordingly. If that makes sense.

thanks - so the clip above is from the new German print you have?

chilly bong

I'm pretty sure it is but I don't have the DVD to hand to check.

When I called it the 'NEW' DVD I was referring to the company that released it.

When I called it the 'NEW' DVD I was referring to the company that released it.

Ahh - ok, my bad. thanks

Best print I have is so far German Widescreen DVD, also i would't agree that movie sucked, I always thought that was one of better Bruce Le movies, but thats probably just me.

Archived