Hammer Films' 'Captain Kronos' Hits DVD!

Guest gimpusmons

Guest gimpusmons

Finally, one of my all-time favorites in Hammer's archive gets a restored DVD release. Captain Kronos is a swashbuckling tale of a sword-wielding vampire hunter. It's heaps of fun and recommended to action and horror film fans alike, even if you don't care for other, more stodgy Hammer movies.

DVDTalk Review

Mark Pollard

www.kungfucinema.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jirpy100

I saw my first Hammer film yesterday, The Mummy (1959). I loved it! I don't like the modern horror films but this one I liked. The first thought in my head was that the sets reminded me of the SB sets. Just a bit better. But I like sets, when you know it's a set and not entirely real. Anyway, the production values were great, Peter Cushing was great - although I thought he was Christopher Lee until the credits!:) I'd like to see more of these films, but didn't watch Horror of Dracula (1958) which was on last week. Hopefully they'll show 1 Hammer a week on this channel. Now I finally know what Hammer's all about, but how's the later stuff - more bloody and such?

Guest monwobobbo

yes more sex and violence. look for LEGEND OFTHE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES which is a coproduction with shaw bros.. love hammer films most are at least worth a watch.

Archived