Comedy actors

DiP

Something about Hong Kong comedies I've been wondering about are the talents. There seem to be little to my knowledge (still researching). Apart from the Hui brothers, Dean Shek, Richard Ng, John Shum, and Stephen Chow, are there other comedians that were as prolific as the aforementioned?

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

The most recent one I saw that was a comedy and had some bad ass action scenes in it was, 'Tiger On The Beat.' I wish I knew more about this subject as well, I would like to dive into Hong Kong Comedies too...

• Like 1

masterofoneinchpunch

Sandra Ng Kwun-Yu always seems to get comedic roles because of her looks. She has done quite a bit of them though many times secondary.

Karl Maka because of his head.

Actually it's quite interesting to see how many action stars do comedy or go to drama as well. Chow Yun-fat is a good example (The Fun, the Luck and the Tycoon (1990), The Eighth Happiness (1988) and many more).

• Like 1

Hi all, I was on small burnout but now I'm back :wink:

Anyway, HK was always good place for talented comedians, I dont't know if you heared about him, but I have always thought To Siu-Ming was really talented comedian. By the way does anyone know what the hell happened to him anyway? According to hkmdb, he made his final appearance in 1994, where did he go after that, maybe TV?

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Michael Hui is one of the best. In his early TV years, he developed a formula for comedy after watching episodes of Saturday Night Live. Hui believed that there are nine types of jokes. He would later share this theory with Lau Tin-Chi, who wrote John Woo's Follow the Star.

• Like 2