Wudang ? (Woo Ping/ Vencent Zhao)

lillippa328

lillippa328

I saw this from another forum, does anybody have any more info on this? Is this true? I loved True Legend, and ofcorse woo ping, and ive always been a fan of Zhao....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyWayne84
I saw this from another forum, does anybody have any more info on this? Is this true? I loved True Legend, and ofcorse woo ping, and ive always been a fan of Zhao....

It is true Vincent is working on a flim called Big Wudang . The Action Director will be Corey Yuen not Yuen Wo-Ping. Louis Fan co-stars along side Vincent Zhao in the flim.

Neither AD excites me anymore. After seeing both Shaolin and True Legend, I've had enough from them, thanks. FSW and ZWZ, yes. Too bad Tony Leung or Tung Wei couldn't have done the action instead.

AndyWayne84

I want to see a Modren day Action flim. Period flims have been beaten to death over and over again.

lillippa328

well, im sorry to see so many unhappy , but ill take period pieces by Cory Yuen and Woo Ping any day ! I love period pieces!

I want to see a Modren day Action flim. Period flims have been beaten to death over and over again.

Completely Agree.

Not ones about Wudang lately though.

Vincent Zhao, Fan Siu Wong, Dennis To and Donnie Yen? With Corey Yuen doing the action?

This is as close to a modern dream project as it gets.

On 12/15/2011 at 6:17 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Vincent Zhao, Fan Siu Wong, Dennis To and Donnie Yen? With Corey Yuen doing the action?

This is as close to a modern dream project as it gets.

Unfortunately the end product is far from a dream. What starts out as a fairly entertaining treasure hunt with some kung fu, slowly turns into a cheesy love fantasy trainwreck. No to mention the fights while plenty are pretty badly edited with lots of wire work and slowmo. Also the love story fantasy subplot feels very unnecessary. There are some nice on location shots of the wudang mountain range; beautiful and breathtaking. But again these are just too few. Probably do to budget cuts a lot of the movie has been shot in a studio; which shows as it looks very cheap! If they just would have taken the initial thought of a Indy-like adventure set against the backdrop of Kung Fu and Wudang Mountain this would have been very entertaining. What we are left with is a mess of different ideas which don't work together well at all. Disappointing!

Archived