Death Grip Teaser Trailer - The Stunt People feat. Johnny Yong Bosch

stuntpeople

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that trailer looked amazing:tongue:

So Johnny Yong Bosch is the villain, right? Did him and Eric go head-to-head more than once in the film?

can anyone post a link to the previous death grip trailer I can't seem to find it

One Armed Boxer

Jacobus versus Bosch....in March 2012, damn, it's going to be a long 7 months!

Trailer looks great though, it this rests between 'Detective Story' and 'Contour' I'll be happy!

If it rests between 'Broken Path' and 'Contour' I'll be even happier!

can anyone post a link to the previous death grip trailer I can't seem to find it

This is the first trailer for the movie, so I think you might be talking about the Stunt People's previous short, 'Hand Over Fist', which they stated gives a taste of the choreography style to be found in 'Death Grip'...it was in the original article on the main page and also the previous thread about the movie -

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=165760

ShaOW!linDude

I don't know what to say..........

I'm truly at a loss for words..........

EJ vs JYB?

I'm so happy, I think.....I think.....I'm going to cry.......

Jacobus versus Bosch....in March 2012, damn, it's going to be a long 7 months!

Trailer looks great though, it this rests between 'Detective Story' and 'Contour' I'll be happy!

If it rests between 'Broken Path' and 'Contour' I'll be even happier!

This is the first trailer for the movie, so I think you might be talking about the Stunt People's previous short, 'Hand Over Fist', which they stated gives a taste of the choreography style to be found in 'Death Grip'...it was in the original article on the main page and also the previous thread about the movie -

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=165760

Cheers:xd:

Judging on hand over fist and the death grip teaser I think, and hope, it's probably going to lean more towards broken path. It's already looking like it's going to be fairly violent!:xd:

I don't know what to say..........

I'm truly at a loss for words..........

EJ vs JYB?

I'm so happy, I think.....I think.....I'm going to cry.......

looks pretty freaking cool doesn't it!:tongue:

Does anybody know if they have actually finished filming the movie or they have just filmed the trailer/a couple of scenes?

Guys,

I was just on AliveNotDead and the Stunt People needs your help. They are trying to wrap up what was once DEATH GRIP, now re-named RISE AND FAIL and are asking fans to contribute towards their finances. Check this out for more information:

http://www.indiegogo.com/riseandfail

http://www.riseandfailmovie.com/

New trailer:

YKr6ol0aG2k

Guys,

I was just on AliveNotDead and the Stunt People needs your help. They are trying to wrap up what was once DEATH GRIP, now re-named RISE AND FAIL and are asking fans to contribute towards their finances. Check this out for more information:

http://www.riseandfailmovie.com/

New trailer:

YKr6ol0aG2k

I hope they can release this soon after they raise the money. March is too far away.

why on earth did they change the name?:squigglemouth: Death Grip sounded way cool.:xd:

I'll have to see if I can donate a little but it's doubtful I can spare more than a few quid:squigglemouth:.

Same here.

That's why I'm setting up a fund for all you guys to contribute to so that I can make a contribution for the $10,000 donation and receive all the perks.

In return, you will not receive:

- any sort of recognition.

- any sort of expression of gratitude.

- a t-shirt.

So, please......give until it hurts.......you, not me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go and get this fund started by robbing my children's piggy banks.:tongue:

(But seriously, I'm gonna try to scrape up a few bucks to help get this finished. I wanna see this bad.)

(But seriously, I'm gonna try to scrape up a few bucks to help get this finished. I wanna see this bad.)

I have to say I'm quite concerned for the project as they are trying to raise $40,000 in 24 days. That's never going to happen, is it?:squigglemouth:

I just worry that there isn't enough fans of their work to raise that sort of cash especially in that timescale. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed but I feel very pessimistic about this actually happening.

You're probably right but hopefully something will come off.

EJ says they're dedicated to finishing the project and that the $40K budget is ideally what they'd like in order to do so. If they scrounge together more they'll be able to do more but if less they'll have to make do. Either way, I think they'll finagle something and I've no doubt I'll enjoy it.

You're probably right but hopefully something will come off.

EJ says they're dedicated to finishing the project and that the $40K budget is ideally what they'd like in order to do so. If they scrounge together more they'll be able to do more but if less they'll have to make do. Either way, I think they'll finagle something and I've no doubt I'll enjoy it.

that's brilliant news SD , I was fearing the whole project was lost. By the way where did you find Eric saying this?

One Armed Boxer

I agree it's a pretty lofty sum, but I hope they can reach their goal. It would be a real tragedy to have two potential full-length features by the StuntPeople fall into limbo, the other of course being 'Beat Down Boogie'.

I'm surprised with the involvement of Johnny Yong Bosch that he wouldn't be able to contribute a significant amount towards it, with the many voice-acting jobs he's done and also his past acting experience, unless he already has. His real showcase movie, 'Broken Path', is still without a distributor in the US due to some ridiculous red-tape issue, so I'm sure he doesn't want to see another one of his martial arts showcases without an audience!

Sadly, I just attempted to make a contribution myself, but the website said it couldn't process my credit card! Doesn't have a problem anywhere else! Maybe I can attempt to pay it into ShaOW!linDudes personal fund and he could pass on the funds for me, I know you've got the connections with Eric Jacobus SD!:tongue:

As you can imagine, making a full length feature film isn't cheap. And an ultra-low budget action film is simply unheard of! We've made it this far, but our current funds are fast depleting as we near the end of principal filming and aim for an early 2012 release. Even so, we are committed to delivering a truly stunning film to our audience - both visually and emotionally - so we need all the help we can get to finishing turning this dream into a reality.

We've set an IndieGoGo goal of $40,000, which is the amount we've calculated we need to complete this film. Though raising above our goal would of course only help us produce that much more epic an action film, and go that much less into debt to do it.

We are determined to make this film, no matter how many days we have to starve to make it, so we will be eternally appreciative of whatever support you can give, and promise you our undying gratitude in return.

Here you go, b_s.

I may have misspoke but my assumption is that if they fail to reach their goal, they'll scrounge and make do until they are able to or work with whatever they get within that $40K limit.

I agree it's a pretty lofty sum, but I hope they can reach their goal. It would be a real tragedy to have two potential full-length features by the StuntPeople fall into limbo, the other of course being 'Beat Down Boogie'.

I'm surprised with the involvement of Johnny Yong Bosch that he wouldn't be able to contribute a significant amount towards it, with the many voice-acting jobs he's done and also his past acting experience, unless he already has. His real showcase movie, 'Broken Path', is still without a distributor in the US due to some ridiculous red-tape issue, so I'm sure he doesn't want to see another one of his martial arts showcases without an audience!

Sadly, I just attempted to make a contribution myself, but the website said it couldn't process my credit card! Doesn't have a problem anywhere else! Maybe I can attempt to pay it into ShaOW!linDudes personal fund and he could pass on the funds for me, I know you've got the connections with Eric Jacobus SD!:tongue:

Yeah it's a shame that they can't use Johnny Yong Bosch to help them get external funding. But now you mention it may be they need to target is Anime and Power Ranger fans to see if they are willing to help contribute towards the film? I wonder if Eric thought of that? I've got to say I'm amazed that "broken path" still hasn't found a distributor. I would expect "broken path" to find a massive cult audience even from those not traditionally into martial arts movies.

So they aren't using PayPal I take it?

Here you go, b_s.

I may have misspoke but my assumption is that if they fail to reach their goal, they'll scrounge and make do until they are able to or work with whatever they get within that $40K limit.

Cheers SD for all of the quotes:smile:

One Armed Boxer
We should be happy right?

Unfortunately blue_skies is making a reference to the total amount raised, not how much is left to go.:cry:

Hey guys, Eric here. The name change was controversial but we're sticking with it because it felt right. The IndieGOGO campaign has been slow but we're remaining hopeful that we can raise enough funds to get through post-production comfortably. A $30 donation gets you a DVD, so it's like a pre-order basically. We're also going to add some more media to the page, so hopefully that'll incentivize people a little more. We appreciate any and all support, even if it's just spreading the word. :D

You can check out more updates at our Rise And Fail blog at http://riseandfail.wordpress.com/ and of course our IndieGOGO campaign is located at http://www.indiegogo.com/riseandfail.

Will post more updates as they become available!

Archived