Dobermann

blue_skies

I was just browsing Amazon UK and stumbled across the French film Dobermann starring Vincent Cassel. Apparently this has been recently rereleased in April this yearand is anamorphic unlike the previous Tartan DVD. It's a very good film for those who haven't seen it. I just wish I had some spare cash to pick it up! I'm also surprised that there wasn't already a topic about this film?

Does anyone know if this UK DVD is uncut?

Product Description

Starring the cooler-than-thou French husband and wife team Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci, DOBERMANN is Jan Kounen's stylish, ultra-hip and supremely violent action movie.

Charismatic villain Dobermann leads a gang of depraved henchmen in a world of crime, drugs and endless voilence. The gang boldly pulls off a blood-soaked Paris bank heist in broad daylight under the noses of the police. One renegade cop takes the law into his own hands and makes it his mission to stop Dobermann by any means necessary.

With its seedy, psychotic characters, beautifully choreographed explosive action sequences and high octane violence, DOBERMANN is the dogs proverbials.

no cuts from the British board of film classification.

http://www.secondsightfilms.co.uk/cat.php?a=163&p=-1682

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe no forum member has seen this movie.:squigglemouth:

take a peek at this trailer, I know it's in German for a French film but it should help give you a taster…:tongue:

BVQOsQw_mGQ

opening titles

h15zQmt6R_U&feature=related

film student made trailer

3jQ09rDUfw8&feature=related

The Amazing Psycho Per

I've seen it, but your question was about the UK DVD being cut or not and I have no idea. I remember liking it when I saw it when it came out. Visually, it definately had style.

I've seen it, but your question was about the UK DVD being cut or not and I have no idea. I remember liking it when I saw it when it came out. Visually, it definately had style.

I found out it wasn't cut by the BBFC.:bigsmile:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have seen it and more so liked it.

Dobermann is a great movie, I saw it a few years back.

Vincent Cassel is good in it, but the standout performer is Tcheky Karyo as a completely psychotic police detective. The scene where he interrogates the family of a transvestite club kid is insanity.

Another great Cassel flick (if you dig weird French movies) is Sheitan...kinda like the rural French version of Deliverance.

Archived