The Joy Sales Thread

DiP

Joy Sales makes a comeback after a half year's hiatus. The new batch of releases, all available on August 2, includes:

Magic Story (DVD Version)

I Do (DVD Version)

Crazy Safari (DVD Version)

Peacock King (DVD Version)

The Iron Fisted Monk (DVD Version)

Teppanyaki (DVD Version)

Banana Cop (Digitally Remastered DVD)

Banana Cop (Digitally Remastered VCD)

http://www.joysales.com.hk/index.php?main_page=index&sort=2d&language=en

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Banana Cop????? Wow, I must find more information about this movie... Does George Burns make an appearance, hahahhahahahahahhahaha....

Guest Markgway

Can someone explain to me why The Iron-Fisted Monk is being put out NON-remastered when the Fox R1 uses a remastered FS print? Joy Sales have waited years to put out an inferior product. Makes no sense.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Hmmm... not one of those movies im interested in. But good to know that they're still putting stuff out.

I wonder if Crazy Safari will have the Narrator's (Stephen Chow) comments subtitled?

I hope so. The Japanese DVD has them subtitled, but of course in Japanese.

I was wondering about this...

I know some of the Legendary Collection dvds are now being sold without slipcases ( they ran out I guess?) but are some of the remastered dvds also being sold without slipcases nowadays?

Originally Posted by bdc

I know some of the Legendary Collection dvds are now being sold without slipcases ( they run out I guess?) but are some of the remastered dvds also being sold without slipcases nowadays?

Yes, some of them. As for the Joy Sales LC titles, their license expired and since the end of last year they're throwing out the rest of their stocks. When in HK before Xmas I noticed that about half of the LC titles that you see in the usual DVD stores are now without the slipcases. A good number of titles are nowhere to be found by now, stocks are depleting fast. Better hurry up if y'all still have gaps in your (LC) collection!

BTW, I wonder if the remastered edition of BANANA COP (great movie!) ever appeared in a cardboard slipcase...?

Thanks for that info,currently trying to get a lot of the LC releases I don't have yet. ;)

I don't have Banana Cop so can't answer your question I'm afraid.

Reel Power Stunts
Originally Posted by bdc

When in HK before Xmas I noticed that about half of the LC titles that you see in the usual DVD stores are now without the slipcases. A good number of titles are nowhere to be found by now, stocks are depleting fast. Better hurry up if y'all still have gaps in your (LC) collection!

That's right. I was in HK in Oct/Nov. At one store I picked up a bunch. They were HK$50 for 3 DVDs!

Originally Posted by bdc

Yes, some of them. As for the Joy Sales LC titles, their license expired and since the end of last year they're throwing out the rest of their stocks. When in HK before Xmas I noticed that about half of the LC titles that you see in the usual DVD stores are now without the slipcases. A good number of titles are nowhere to be found by now, stocks are depleting fast. Better hurry up if y'all still have gaps in your (LC) collection!

BTW, I wonder if the remastered edition of BANANA COP (great movie!) ever appeared in a cardboard slipcase...?

So what about the DR titles?

Archived