Assassin Couple

DiP

It's reportedly a Hong Kong remake of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Donnie and Cecilia Cheung have been approached and offered to play Pitt and Jolie's part respectively. Nothing officially confirmed yet.

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5097614

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1143785/1/.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

What!?! A HK production of a US film?:tongue:

I think this is a good one to do. Not really sold on Cecilia Cheung though. Now if they were to get Zhang Ziyi to costar alongside Donnie.............:xd:

AndyWayne84
What!?! A HK production of a US film?:tongue:

I think this is a good one to do. Not really sold on Cecilia Cheung though. Now if they were to get Zhang Ziyi to costar alongside Donnie.............:xd:

That would be a dream come true. I always imagined the Yenster being paired up with Zhang Ziyi in flim for years now and i can't believe nobody hasn't done this yet.

I love a cute piece of Asian Ass as much as the rest of you but I learned years ago that top totty doesn't make it an entertaining movie. I'd be a lot more excited by the idea of Luxia Jiangor some future martial arts talent with beauty, but then the glory days of Hong Kong are so far in our back mirrors some of us would rather have a pretty face on lots of wire inspired martial arts sequences Than the real deal.:squigglemouth:

I honestly find this distasteful. I've been longing to see him return to modern action movies as much as everyone else but remake of Mr. & Mrs. Smith? That's too low for him. Hope this won't go through. Sappy action movies ain't his style. The best would be to go back to the gritty/realistic action genre and find new twists.

ShaOW!linDude

@ DiP ---- I dig what you're saying. I don't know that they'll try to bring the same comedic aspect to the film that the US version has. Of course, they might.....but I kind of doubt it.

@ b_s --- I dig what you're saying, too. Truthfully, it seems there hasn't really been a good Chinese female action star since Michelle Yeoh. Her action films are few but they're really good. I'd love her to be in this opposite DY but I fear she's a bit past her prime. (I'm not familiar with Luxia Jiang.) I like ZZ 'cause she's beautiful and she understands fight choreography and can sell it on camera....better than most, anyway.

Archived