Duel of Karate - Bad, or So-Bad-It's-Good?

66 Mantis

Never got around to picking up Rarescope's double feature Chinese Godfather/Duel of Karate. I saw CG a long time ago and thought it was pretty good. Never saw DOK, but did catch a few minutes of "highlights" on youtube and nearly fell out of my chair laughing. I can enjoy a so-bad-it's-good film almost as much as... well, a good film.

So, for anybody who's picked it up on dvd, is DOK a really fun, stupid bad film or is it just boring except for a few funny fight scenes?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

Pretty much the last two.

Morgoth has a review on Amazon (where has he been lately?) calling it the worst of Rarescope.

What I remember of it is exactly from that

posted of it. The plot is inane, most of the action is pretty bad with a basher flair and yes it does have several of the sooo bad it's good, too bad most of that is on the youtube video.

Ugh, doesn't sound too promising. Didn't notice that it was Morgoth who supplied the review on Amazon. O.K. that's two thumbsdown reviews from regular posters on this board. As good/bad as that youtube clip looks, I think I'll skip this one. Thanks for the warning.

BTW, I pulled out my old vhs of Chinese Godfather and want to take back what I previously said about it. The fight scenes kinda suck and the film itself is a bit of a bore. That's what I get for commenting on a film that I haven't watched in well over a decade. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I only saw it once, and yeah, it was terrible. But if I watched it again, knowing how bad it is, there's a chance I'd have a fun time watching it.

You know about this collection right? http://www.amazon.com/Flicks-Kicks-Advantage-Collection-Various/dp/B0016LHH80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329039552&sr=8-1

Yeah, been eyeing that set for awhile. No reason I haven't picked it up yet, especially at that price.

Archived