Empire of Assassins (2011)

Serbianguy

I just watched this cool little movie. Pace is great, action is good, and story is not bad. We need more low-budget movies like this.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I debated purchasing this a couple of weeks ago but I held off until I could look into it. The trailer looked okay but it really didn't hook me.

Anyone else seen this?

1- as a feature film, it has zero substance

2- its a mindless editing disaster & everyone spinning this flick in their players should be aware of whats gonna come b4 sitting down and havin their evenings ruined.

3- its english dubbed. that blows. what blows even more, the voice actors are crappier than your 'average crappy'

3- they opted for as much fu action as possible. has its pros and cons; as far as non stop action background noise and visuals go, it makes for an alright diversion. quality wise, as far as the fighting choreo and how everythings staged and filmed goes, EoA doesnt leave an impression.

maybe a fu-flick for my gf, she could knit the night away with some wataaaa and aiiiiigh and moving pictures with ppl in fancy asian period clothing in the background.

i didnt exactly hate it, but i`d seen enough halfway thru, turned it off and moved on with my life.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I didn't finish this either. Barely any story, one dimensional pointless characters, and tons of boring, blah blah fighting. I couldn't have cared less. Really. Everything seemed so stagnant and shallow... hmmm... that analogy will work. Watching this movie is like if you really want to have a good swim, but your only option is laying in puddle. :neutral:

Was this a TV series that was edited into a feature? That's what it feels like. Anyone know?

Drunken Monk

It doesn't seem to have been a television series but then I'm much less of a kung fu resource than some people on here.

I was somewhat tempted by this one from the trailer, but now I think I'll give it a miss. I don't think I'll get much out of it, it seems.

ShaOW!linDude

I was watching the preview for this and kept thinking it looked familiar to me and some things seemed different. It sort of seems like Yuen Biao's KUNG FU MASTER, I think.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
It's a tv series from a few years ago cut down.

Ah ha! I thought so.

Do you know the name of the original series?

odioustrident

I thought Rise of the Kung Fu Master was an edit of Legend of Shaolin Temple 2. Empire of Assassins is an edit of a series I saw on your channel mate.... the one with the CRAZY wired fall down a flight of stairs by a monk.

same series yuen biao has been edited out of empire, this series has hours of action , easy job to edit this into 2 movies.

legend of shaolin temple 3 has over 3 hours of fighting., yeun wah is really good in it but samo does nothing.

LsF2nKVCkt0

Archived