Killer Elite Trailer

BaronK

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Wow! That looks pretty sweet!

2 ?'s:

a) Is this suppose to be a remake of James Caan's movie by that same title?

And if so......

B) Where's the ninjas?:tongue:

Guest Markgway

For a time I thought Statham was just another DTV thug with a bad American accent... but he's proved me wrong. He's out there flying the flag for old school action movies and bless 'im for it. Can't wait to see DeNiro deliver an ass whuppin'. lol

When I first heard they were making a remake of Killer Elite I cringed but this actually looks promising. I love seeing De Niro getting to go all Heat again with the guns blazing. :xd:

It's enjoyable enough, but it falls between two genres: not enough action for a shoot-em-up and too meandering to work as a thriller.

On the plus side, Owen, DeNiro & Dominic Purcell (an actor I don't usually rate) are clearly having a blast and the brief moments of action are very well done.

The trailer is a phenomenal mis-sell, really.

Go in with low expectations and you shouldn't be too let down.

ShaOW!linDude

It's pretty good, guys. The Mrs. and I both enjoyed it.

There's a really good plot with this. The action, when it hits, is full tilt boogie. As Karlos stated, it's not a shoot 'em up though. Unfortunately, as usual these days, some of the action is marred by BMS (Bourne Movie Syndrome: close-ups, quick cuts, and shaky cam). And that seems to be specific to the fights between Statham and Owen, which sux 'cause that's what you really want to see. Don't let that deter you though. There's more than enough going on to make up for it. I'd love to know how they pulled off a couple of stunts in this.

DeNiro and Statham have a good chemistry with each other. Owen's character is very interesting. But Dominic Purcell plays a guy generally referred to as the Welshman and he almost steals every scene he's in.

This movie is not a remake of James Caan's film "The Killer Elite" btw. This is based off a book of a true event titled The Feather Men by Ranulph Fiennes. I found this interesting enough that I may have to purchase this at some point to read.

as usual these days, some of the action is marred by BMS (Bourne Movie Syndrome: close-ups, quick cuts, and shaky cam).

The BMS level is slightly better than the average movie, but just barely. There was at least one good looking take down in the hospital fight scene. There's also a great stunt where Statham's character falls out of a window and onto a van. It looked pretty awesome.

As a movie, I thought this was pretty good. Interesting story, good characters. For some reason I just got really bored with it around the last 15 minutes or so. You keep thinking you're getting to the end of the movie, but than it keeps going for a bit longer, ending on a non-action climax. Does not live up to the "Rock you like a Hurricane" trailer.

ShaOW!linDude
The BMS level is slightly better than the average movie, but just barely. There was at least one good looking take down in the hospital fight scene. There's also a great stunt where Statham's character falls out of a window and onto a van. It looked pretty awesome.

Yeah, I guess.

There were instances where the fight action wasn't goofed up. I think you may be referring to one particular leg sweep which was pretty sweet. But it seemed like 70 - 80% was BMS. The stunt you mention is one of those I'd love to know how they did.

Archived