Game Over (2005)

AlbertV

X6k_GTIkRfY

Notorious street fighter Victor Knox (Andre "Chyna" McCoy - The Matrix) has just been freed from prison. Now, to earn back his wife and child, he needs money fast. When he's invited to join a mysterious fight tournament promising cash prizes, he quickly signs up. Under constant surveillance by virtual spectators, each no-holds-barred match becomes increasingly violent. Vic soon finds himself being held captive in this boundless, dangerous game of endless fighting. To free himself, he must confront the game's enigmatic creator and its chief enforcer, known only as The Ref (Daz Crawford - Blade II, UK Gladiators' "Diesel"). The only way out is to win!

From the trailers, the fights don't look too exciting, but then again, there isn't much to see in terms of its fights so it's hard to tell. Declan Mulvey was the action choreographer for the film.

OOPS: Meant to put this in the Modern Martial Arts Cinema thread.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I got a used copy of this a few years ago at a MovieStop and all I can say is meh. I was kind of psyched for it 'cause I like Chyna and think he has potential as a good B movie star but this was kind of tame. There were a couple of good choreography sequences here and there but it just wasn't consistent. And don't even bother having any expectations for the caliber of acting or story to make it passable. So....I traded it back to MovieStop.

My suggestion: pass on it unless you think otherwise.

Archived