The Suppressor (2011) - Ara Paiaya's New Film

AlbertV

Hey guys,

For those who do not know the name Ara Paiaya, he is a Scottish-based martial artist who makes his own films. He is best known to viral fans for his work in the DUBBED AND DANGEROUS trilogy, an action/comedy series he starred and directed in (Hell, he somehow got Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund to appear in the 3rd installment). His style of film fighting looks to be the old school Hong Kong-kickboxing style as noted.

His latest film is entitled THE SUPPRESSOR. Ara plays Blake Bradley, a young man who loses his wife to a crime syndicate run by a corrupt policeman and a dirty politician. Blake becomes a vigilante and takes down the syndicate.

Trailer:

GvKaGEH-WYA

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Well, AV, you pulled a hat trick. I'd check this out, too.

I looked for some of Paiaya's stuff a few years ago. It was hard to find and freaking expensive when I did. I see now that Amazon is loaded with them. I've never seen any of his movies, just trailers.

Has anyone seen any of his films? Are they any good choreography wise? I understand he was a bit of a Chan clone known for doing a lot of his own stunts.

Flashlegstan2009

Got all of them Cheap from various sources over the years, honestly, the action is good in them the movies them self are not really amazing really but worth getting for the action all the stunts are done by himself and the extras on the dvds are worth it aswell :)

I will be definately getting a copy of this movie indeed !

Shaolindude if u want any of these movies of his give me a shout !!!!!

I did get to see MAXIMUM IMPACT, which I thought was pretty good. He still does his own stunts and does the old school Jackie Chan style and when I mean old school, I mean his 1980's-early 90's modern day action style.

Check out my review of MAXIMUM IMPACT here

Archived