To Kill with Intrigue

Gaijin84

Similar question to those I've seen for some of Jackie's early releases... what is the best version out there for TKWI? Japanese version is widescreen remastered but no English subs. Is there anything out there that is worth picking up? Most of what I've found is fullscreen dubbed. Any help would be appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT:

Ocean Shores VCD is Original Mandarin + Canto dub + English subs. (fullscreen + missing opening credits, but watchable)

Joysales VCD, Mandarin only, wide, remastered CHINESE subs only.

Ocean Shores VCD wins as only legit release in Mandarin with English subs...my choice for viewing the film.

thanks - I don't think the JoySales version has English subs, right?

Yeah its Chines subs only.

I bought it just in case! Basically I've been rebuying these films for ages. Those old Ocean Shores VCDs are often overlooked...but they do the job.

One day these films will get a proper English friendly remester, who knows when though!

I just picked up the JoySales VCDs of To Kill with Intrigue and Half a Loaf of Kung Fu from DDDHouse... can't beat the cost of $5 each, even without subs.

thanks again

cooksandkungfoodle

i have the 2nd eastern heroes release of tkwi..their 2nd releases of their lo wei films were the definitive versions..

widescreen and english dubbed..looks great...

i have the 2nd eastern heroes release of tkwi..their 2nd releases of their lo wei films were the definitive versions..

widescreen and english dubbed..looks great...

Thanks - can you post the cover? Or a link is fine. I get confused on which release is which.

Killer Meteor

The Eastern Heroes is inferior to the Columbia dvd which is widescreen anamorphic with a full English dub. Sadly, the Mandarin track on it is incomplete.

My OS VCD at least has original theatrical subs...

Anyone tried to sync the Mandarin mono from the Joysales VCD to the Columbia DVD?

For those who care, the Ocean Shores VCD Cantonese track is remade.

Archived