Life Without Principle (2011)

DiP

With Lau, for me, I think you can go way back to C'est La Vie Mon Cheri (1993) as a turning point for him as an actor -- though he was nominated for two HK Film Award Best Actor (which might have prevented him from getting it; I have not seen Thou Shalt Not Swear though). I just think he did a lot of so-so material afterwards -- for awhile :).

I used the wrong term. It should be "redefine" since you're right. But yeah, I think Mad Detective put him in a new light as an actor because there was stuff I felt was quite new and refreshing with his performance. I haven't seen him the same way I used to since then. I hear he's the highlight of LWP and that he played his role exceptionally, that makes it very exciting to hear.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it. Really enjoyed this one. Lau Ching-Wan has nailed it again, the film shows him in a way you haven't seen from him before. Lau Ching-Wan fans won't be disappointed.

how did you get it already? the DVD just came out yesterday in HK! my copy shipped, but I'm sure I'll have to wait at least another week

has anybody else got the HK DVD version of this and had any problems or not? I can't get it to play chapter 12 properly at all, hoping this isn't a recurring problem on all copies, cuz I need to get a new copy of this!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Found IT at my local library today.

life.png

Have to "check IT out". LOL.

GD Y-Y

Archived