Most misleading cover art ever!

Guest Markgway

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

Mark, I'm not seeing the image. Even pasting in "http://www.cityonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/FOUNDING-OF-A-REPUBLIC_2d-packshotjpg.jpg" and I'm not seeing it.

Anyone else not seeing it?

EDIT: still not seeing it; the only image on this site I cannot see, so that's kind of strange.

One that works for me on that site is:

FOUNDING-OF-A-REPUBLIC_2d-packshotjpg-211x300.jpg

kingofkungfu2002

I'm seeing it just fine. And I thought exactly the same as Mark when I first saw it :squigglemouth:

I agree - that is the worst I've ever seen... don't even know where to start. People are sure going to be in for a disappointment if they don't do some research first. :neutral:

masterofoneinchpunch

no idea why I could not see the first one; second one is fine.

Great cover of course up there with Infernal Affairs US cover release.

This has to be the worst ever, if simply for the fact that those three actors are in the film for a total of about 2.5 minutes out of 3 hours. I think 2.5 minutes might be a generous estimation as well.

This has to be the worst ever, if simply for the fact that those three actors are in the film for a total of about 2.5 minutes out of 3 hours. I think 2.5 minutes might be a generous estimation as well.

Well if they are in it, then its not false advertising. Still whoever marketed this deserves a severe nosebleed :khi5h:

Well if they are in it, then its not false advertising. Still whoever marketed this deserves a severe nosebleed :khi5h:

False advertising no, you're right. But misleading to the point of criminal! :tongue:

Shaolivevil

We should start a thread that features the ugliest and most misleading vhs/dvd cover art of martial arts films. I've seen a number of them that contain pictures from movies other the title and/or are not in the movie whatsover. Seems to be common in many budget releases and these people obviously do no research on the titles they do...

Shaolin Rescuers aka Avenging Warriors of Shaolin is a Chang Cheh Venoms movie that for some reason has a picture of Gordon Liu on the DVD case. Pretty sure that's a Crash Cinema special.

Chu Liu Hsiang

81gYeGilC7L._SY500_.jpg

Elaine Lui on the Mona Lee Eastern Collection cover

Not the most misleading cover art ever but ...

And when they say Mona Lee they mean Moon Lee 🙄

817G7wZkynL._SL1500_.jpg

Another one...this was actually Looking for Jackie, about a boy who is looking to find his idol in Shanghai.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Another one...this was actually Looking for Jackie, about a boy who is looking to find his idol in Shanghai.

Yep, terrible movie from what I remember. Was very dissapointed it wasnt an actual fu flick when I rented it on a whim when it was new.

11 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

And when they say Mona Lee they mean Moon Lee 🙄

To be fair, Moon Lee is known/credited as Mona Lee in Germany (which is where that set is from).

Archived