Frazetta's "FIRE & ICE" film

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

I know there are "sword & sorcery" fans here. Hope you see this as the good news I do. I loved the 1983 rotoscoped animated classic. (I need to find this dvd. I've seen it around but never bothered to score it.) Robert Rodriguez is directing.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167967-sdcc-live-action-fire-and-ice-film-planned

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Wow! Very exciting. :nerd: This is the first I've heard of it. I missed Dragon Sword's previous thread.

I'm a fan of the movie, but even more so of Frank Frazetta. He is my favorite artist of all time. Picasso? Blah. Give me a Frazetta painting anytime. :wink: His museum is a little over an hour away from me here in Pennsylvania and I've visited it and been amazed. I even spoke to him on the phone one time about a year before his recent passing. He struck me as a very modest, down-to-Earth guy.

Can't wait to see this movie. I loved what Rob did with SIN CITY.

ShaOW!linDude
I'm a fan of the movie, but even more so of Frank Frazetta. He is my favorite artist of all time. Picasso? Blah. Give me a Frazetta painting anytime. :wink: His museum is a little over an hour away from me here in Pennsylvania and I've visited it and been amazed. I even spoke to him on the phone one time about a year before his recent passing. He struck me as a very modest, down-to-Earth guy.

Can't wait to see this movie. I loved what Rob did with SIN CITY.

I feel you, bro! Frazetta and Boris Vallejo did some of the most amazing art! I didn't know FF had his own museum! And you actually got to speak with him? COOL!!!

BTW: Rodriguez is also planning to helm another SIN CITY film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167961-sdcc-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-moving-forward

I liked the idea of the original Fire & Ice, but I was always disappointed in Ralph Bakshi's rotoscoping technique for animation. It seemed to capture real life motion pretty well, but it never looked anything as awesome as a Frazetta painting (same goes for Heavy Metal 2000 which was frankly pathetic compared to Simon Bisley's concept art).

A modern day live action flick might be just the thing for it, especially with Rodriguez at the helm. Cautious optimism.

Archived