Captain Planet and the Planeteers Live Action Movie (2020?)

AlbertV

Cartoon Network has signed a development agreement with Angry Filmworks to develop a live-action feature film based on the environment-saving animated hero "Captain Planet and the Planeteers".

The original series was about a group of young people who combine their special powers (The Planeteers) to summon Captain Planet, an environmental superhero, to battle the world's worst eco-villains. The show premiered in fall 1990 and ran for six seasons.

Producers Don Murphy and Susan Montford now have exclusive rights to develop and package the property and advance it towards production.

Source: Dark Horizons

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long
My only question for this bit of news is...WHY??!!

Because this world needs a movie about this topic that's on an intellectual level that Bush and Palin could possibly understand ...

Lol, like everyone else as soon as I saw this topic I thought "why?" Just why? I watched the show as a kid for awhile till I released everything but the theme song was kinda lame.

The project is definitely happening. Glen Powell, who is currently at work on Top Gun: Maverick, is co-writing and producing the film. He gave an update on what to expect. Paramount Pictures and Appian Way Productions are making the film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/glen-powell-writing-captain-planet-movie-adaptation-1139860

Earth!

Fire!

Wind!

Water!

Heart!

GO PLANET!

By your powers combined, I'm back! 

Captain Planet, he's our hero, 

Coming to a theater near you

Bet you didn't see this coming

He's fighting to make us some money

Captain Planet, he's our Hero

Gonna take all other movies box office down to zero

Gonna help him, make a bundle,

from the guys who still remember us

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

(Chanting)

We're the Planeteers 

And you can be one too

Just come see our movie, and bring your sister too

DVDs and Blu-rays, are another way

Hear what Captain Planet has to say

"THE POWER IS YOURS!"

lol, I'm such a nerd. XD

6srw.gif

You may be a nerd...but so are most of us I think and that is by far classic! :) 

I'm just wondering how they are doing Captain Planet...will he be an actor in paint or some cringeworthy CGI character?

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

6srw.gif

You may be a nerd...but so are most of us I think and that is by far classic! :) 

I'm just wondering how they are doing Captain Planet...will he be an actor in paint or some cringeworthy CGI character?

Thanks! 😁

I’m hoping for an actor in paint. It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult. But being Modern Hollywood, we will probably get CGI.

1 hour ago, DarthKato said:

I’m hoping for an actor in paint. It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult. But being Modern Hollywood, we will probably get CGI.

4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

They could hire John Cena for the role?, someones given this JC action figure, a new paint job.

DaG6QhDVAAIa4l0.jpg

Will they keep the mullet te original character had?, thats the real big question here.

latest?cb=20171013161456

22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

They could hire John Cena for the role?, someones given this JC action figure, a new paint job.

DaG6QhDVAAIa4l0.jpg

Will they keep the mullet te original character had?, thats the real big question here.

latest?cb=20171013161456

I imagine they will "update" him for modern audiences, like what they did with the new Power Rangers movie.

Archived