RIP Bruce Lee: 27th Nov 1940 - 20th July 1973

sdog2006

Nuff said.

I was born exactly one year after his untimely passing and each birthday I think, what if Bruce was still here? What else would he have accomplished?

Here's to ya, Bruce!

I sooo wanted Game of Death completed by Bruce... :angel:

What might have been.

After learning more about his life in recent years, I've come to grips with the thoughts I'm pretty certain he was murdered and the entire reports were a sham.

However, let's enjoy the brilliance of his film career, his MA teachings, his philosophy, and his idealism in the Martial Way against tradition.

he`s been gone 38 years and still no one has emerged with the screen presence that he had.

R.I.P. Little Dragon. and Thankyou.

38 years.......Man I still remember seeing Chinese Connection (Fist Of Fury) for the first time in 1973 in French (La Fureur de Vaincre) like it was yesterday! Saw it 3 times back to back (back then you didn't have to leave the theater after the performance!). Next day I made my first pair of nunchakus and hit myself behind the head with it! HAHAHAHA! Good old days. Been hooked since then. Thanks Bruce!

When I was 2 or 3 ('86/'87 ish), I remember watching Enter the Dragon play on WGN in Chicago. I was beyond amazed with what Bruce Lee could do, and that was the first time I realized there could be superheroes in real life. I also remember being disheartened to find out that he was already dead. And here, 38 years after his death, the legacy is just as strong as (possibly stronger than) it has ever been. Rest in power, Bruce Lee.

He has been a hero of mine ever since I was a little kid and he always will be. Rest in Peace Bruce Lee.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I wish the theaters would re-release Bruce Lee movies on the big screen... I would love to see all his films on the big screen.. R.I.P Bruce......

Guest WuxiaFan
I wish the theaters would re-release Bruce Lee movies on the big screen... I would love to see all his films on the big screen.. R.I.P Bruce......

I did have the pleasure of seeing ENTER THE DRAGON on the big screen a couple of years ago. It was incredible!

R.I.P Little Dragon

:sad:

Bruce Lee, after all of these years since he left us, still one of the greatest that ever graced the screen. Master Lee, you are truly missed!

Phantom Dreamer
I sooo wanted Game of Death completed by Bruce... :angel:

What might have been.

After learning more about his life in recent years, I've come to grips with the thoughts I'm pretty certain he was murdered and the entire reports were a sham.

However, let's enjoy the brilliance of his film career, his MA teachings, his philosophy, and his idealism in the Martial Way against tradition.

Would Game of Death be completed in the first place? Maybe. Probably.

Would Game of Death be completed in the first place? Maybe. Probably.

I don't think there are any doubts that he would have completed it mate.

He was in the process of hiring more cast members (Lazenby etc) and his diary was littered with quotes on returning to the project. Obviously the huge success of ETD could have delayed things but I doubt he would have shelved it, considering what it meant to him.

Phantom Dreamer

It's just that even now, I read people saying he had no plans to finish it, which doesn't make much sense to me. Why would he bother flying all these people to Hong Kong, constructing sets, etc. for a project he had no intention to complete?

Makes for a good story to say that he was going to shelve a project I guess.

The movie was all over his diary and pictures/ plans adorned his study after he had passed away. I have no doubt in my mind he was returning.

The continuation of the movie would also have given him time to consider which route to take in regards to his next American venture.

Supposedly, some negotiations were underway at the time of his death, with Triads, to allow him to operate more freely; contrary to what many would have you to believe, including Linda, he wasn't able to work, having no contract. GOD was shot like home movies, using freelance actors, skeletal crew, friends of Lee, and GH Studio equipment.

If he were able to complete a deal with Shaws, he'd have been somewhat protected. A lot was happening at GH that was too much for him.

BTW since leaving Shaws, Chow and Run Run were bitter rivals. Chow could not possibly been happy Bruce looking to work his rival.

Cognoscente
On 2/11/2015 at 9:43 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Why would he bother flying all these people to Hong Kong, constructing sets, etc. for a project he had no intention to complete?

Enter the Dragon was the wrench which got thrown into the works. If Bruce had any idea that Warner Brothers were going to come calling, he wouldn't have bothered starting Game of Death in the first place. He would have waited until ETD was complete so that he could afford bigger sets for the pagoda interiors, the mental asylum and the Korean mob's lair of operations.

• Like 3