The New One-Armed Swordsman (DVD - IVL)

Mark Pollard

Mark Pollard

picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=4768

Some people do crosswords to expand their vocabulary. I just watch martial arts movies.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=4768

Some people do crosswords to expand their vocabulary. I just watch martial arts movies.

Lmaorotf!

:xd:

"But still..."

Bronx Rican

I love when subs get weird on you like that. I should do a gallery or something. One of my favorites is during Return to the 36th where G. Liu's character says he's only pretending to be a monk and starts with, "Hi big fellow"!

They used "You must not want to live long" lots and "Hold It" too.

I think this is one of the best One armed swordsman movies, I might watch the original tonight.

It`s not used in Shaws but in dubbed independent movies I have prolly heard 200 times "I am gonna teach you a lesson".

Killer Meteor

The one that bugged me was in NEW SHAOLIN BOXERS, where characters keep referring to Fu Sheng as "bellicose." Yes, it's a real word, but who seriously talks like that?

New Shaolin Boxers is an excellent Fu Sheng flick!

He seemed to do well with the Choy La Fut shapes.

New Shaolin Boxers is an excellent Fu Sheng flick!

He seemed to do well with the Choy La Fut shapes.

No wonder because one of Hong Kongs leading CLF sifus(Chen Jih-liang) was on location to help in choreography.

For once i would like to have the English dub on New One Armed Swordsman because the soundtrack is a lot different , especially the music for some reason.

NOAS English dub is one of my favorites, guess the voices seemed to blend well with the picture

RogueWarrior

I made a custom of this with the dub on the IVL disc!! Along with my other 40+ Shaw Custom Dubs.

I am sitting on this one for a while, I dont want to appear on FEF's site for sale as a few other dubs I created.

"Dude, I think he just called you a pussy..." :crossedlips:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it comes from. Pusillanimous means lacking courage and it's much easier to use it as an insult if it's shortened. I would love to know what David Chiang is saying in Chinese exactly and if the word he is using is also like Pusillanimous and he's just being a funny jerk about it. However, I'm quite sure that's sadly not the case.

I made a custom of this with the dub on the IVL disc!! Along with my other 40+ Shaw Custom Dubs.

I am sitting on this one for a while, I dont want to appear on FEF's site for sale as a few other dubs I created.

Let us know when this becomes available, would love a copy..:wink:

RogueWarrior
Let us know when this becomes available, would love a copy..:wink:

Look for it on FEF's site for sale! Buahahhahhaaaaa.

And yes, the music is totally different.

odioustrident

Red Sun / Panmedia has been selling a custom dub of this for some time; not sure of the origin.

RogueWarrior
Red Sun / Panmedia has been selling a custom dub of this for some time; not sure of the origin.

big whoop!!!

would never touch red sun / panmedia stuff. I dont mind trading unavailable films / dubs but i advise people not to buy them otherwise legitimate versions will never be released.

RogueWarrior

well said!

Plus the NON custom version I have dubbed is NOT anamorphic and on a DVD5.Might be the RedSun version. Traded for it!

My custom has the IVL with the dub added. Its a DVD9 disc!

odioustrident

Red Sun had a fullscreen dub of NOAS on sale for a while, then they upgraded to a custom ivl. I assumed they got it from ADC but I guess not. I understand other groups are doing custom dubs of ivls and I'm curious as to who they are. Anyone know? The audio quality is not the best for their NOAS.

RogueWarrior

do you have the Custom IVL dub from Red Sun?

When I say Custom IVL it has the Dub added to the IVL disc, keeping ALL the IVL original parts intact.

Not just the Movie from the IVL and a 1/2 assed menu as what Red Suns are. (plus they mess with the video and re encode it)

I laff to see Red Sun selling a true IVL Custom. They just steal the main movie and put it on a DVD5 thus re encoding the main movie.

Trash.

NO, they did not steal my custom of this on ADC as I have yet to upload it there. Far East Flix on the otherhand...

odioustrident

The Red Sun dvd I saw had a menu like the one you described, with the ivl print and dub. It is not the full disc with a dub track added. Who is making these though? FEF might sometimes uses the same discs as Red Sun, or their own projects, although it seems like they use your projects too.

Archived