Big Boss II (the Dragon Lee one) (1981)

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor

This is probably one of Dragon Lee's most tolerable movies, probably because it's not dubbed by Vaughan Savidge!

In general, the few co-productions Lee worked on are ok, as they tend to feature slightly (I stress slightly) better production values, better casts, MUCH better sound FX, and well, the plots are at least about something important. This film is about the reisistance against the Japanese, GOLDEN DRAGON, SILVER SNAKE is about a flippin farm!!!

Interestingly, on the English dub anyway, two clips from LAST FIST OF FURY and CLONES OF BRUCE LEE are spliced in, including the music (Gonna Fly Now!!!) and sound FX from those two productions. This would carry over into the Asso Asia acquired Dragon Lee movies.

Besides Ko Fei, Bolo, Cheung Nik and To Wai Bo (I think?), the vast majority of the cast seems to be Korean. Very little attempt is made at making this actually look like China - a lot of the actresses wear those terrible Korean dresses that suggest an abnormally large pregnancy.

CaldoTheKid

Always loved that movie even if it feels more like a Fist Of Fury sequel than The Big Boss due to the Chinese vs Japanese storyline. Also hilarious to see Bolo with a Hitler moustache.

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
4 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I rewatched it last week .it's not very good imo.rhe German dvd is solid if you are a fan though.

I'm in the UK so had the UK DVD, what is the difference with the German version?

Killer Meteor
10 hours ago, saltysam said:

It's full anamorphic wide-screen, I don't think.the UK dvd was?

The UK DVD is 4:3 and little or no pan'scan, so lots of shots of nothing but the wall!

• Like 3