Some interesting sounding German old school dvds

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 'Of Cooks' has two versions on that disc, one cut and one uncut.

Does anyone know of a German release of Zen Kwan Do Strikes In Paris? There was a Youtube user who put up a mint clip years ago but I've never even seen that part of the film in another version.

thedirtytiger
I think 'Of Cooks' has two versions on that disc, one cut and one uncut.

Does anyone know of a German release of Zen Kwan Do Strikes In Paris? There was a Youtube user who put up a mint clip years ago but I've never even seen that part of the film in another version.

There was a German video, got a spare copy of the video if you are interested, but I believe no German DVD at the moment...

10 BROTHERS OF SHAOLIN is supposedly uncut, but doesn’t have original audio, just German and English dubs.

Same for OF COOKS & KUNG FU.

Likewise HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDAH, no original audio here. Apparently there’s a German and an English dub, both are differently cut.

So far, so bad, I suppose and only suitable if one is masochistic enough to sit through English (or German) “re-interpretations” of those kind of independent KF films…

Far more interesting is DUEL WITH THE DEVIL. According to OfdB only the German dub is cut. There is an original audio bonus version with burnt-in subs in Chinese and English on the disc it says. Aspect ratio is given as 2:35.1. PQ is supposedly quite bad.

All this is news to me, thought the only Megamax DVD with original audio is their very lovely print of BUDDAH ASSASSINATOR. Its cut, yes, but the cuts are really miniscule ones (more like Celestial frame-cuts… I compared them with the uncut German F/S version).

Not sure if this is what you are refering to, but Zen Kwan Do Strikes In Paris (AKA: Kung Fu Leung Strikes Emmanuelle) is within a John Liu boxset distributed by MIG. It's actually a bonus movie on the Secret Rivals disc. If the scene you are talking about was "adult" in nature :29_003:, this may be what you are looking for, as they say this is the rare adult version of the film. However, I don't know what you would consider mint, because this copy is fullscreen and VHS quality. Another negative is that it is in Cantonese audio only... no subs.

DUEL WITH THE DEVIL: Chinese Version is not uncut, it's missing a Scene which is only in the German Print. (involving a Kill). it's progressive and proper PAL, as is the German Print. the US DVD Version is censored too.

Killer Meteor
DUEL WITH THE DEVIL: Chinese Version is not uncut, it's missing a Scene which is only in the German Print. (involving a Kill). it's progressive and proper PAL, as is the German Print. the US DVD Version is censored too.

Thanks, is it anamorphic - the chinese version?

I often wonder that if the Chinese negatives existed, we could see these missing scenes in Chinese - another example being the uncut HELL'Z WINDSTAFF.

Archived