New German Shaw box set coming

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor

http://www.amazon.de/Shaw-Brothers-Collection-Limited-DVDs/dp/B0050GDBDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1310815755&sr=1-1

Contains

TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS

DEATH DUEL

SHAOLIN HANDLOCK

THE MASTER

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN

I understand these will be anamorphic but not sure if they will have English subs. Since none of these titles have an anamorphic, non-standards conversion, English friendly DVD yet, this may be worthwile for fans who speak Chinese or, like me, are OK without subs.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Fine selection of films. Only one I'm not too bothered about is The Master. Would love to get Red Lotus with Mandarin Mono.

Killer Meteor
Fine selection of films. Only one I'm not too bothered about is The Master. Would love to get Red Lotus with Mandarin Mono.

I've still not seen RED LOTUS but I have seen the sequels.

easternfreak
http://www.amazon.de/Shaw-Brothers-Collection-Limited-DVDs/dp/B0050GDBDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1310815755&sr=1-1

Contains

TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS

DEATH DUEL

SHAOLIN HANDLOCK

THE MASTER

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN

I understand these will be anamorphic but not sure if they will have English subs. Since none of these titles have an anamorphic, non-standards conversion, English friendly DVD yet, this may be worthwile for fans who speak Chinese or, like me, are OK without subs.

Hi,

here some infos for the Box:

http://martial-arts-museum.de/koch-media/

Interesting is, that the Boxset will have a Book with 61 Pages full of the complete German Shaw Brothers Movie Poster.

http://www.martial-arts-museum.de/shaw-brothers-movie-poster/germany/german-sb-poster-a1/

Regards..Easternfreak....

Guest Markgway

All are listed as anamorphic, but no mention of subs.

Also I hope that Red Lotus' Cantonese is a mistake.

easternfreak

Hi Fans,

yesterday i get some new Picture from Koch Media about the Box:

http://martial-arts-museum.de/

The Book looks very impressive. I think it was a good idea from Koch Media, that this Box have a Book with every German Shaw Brothers Poster that released in the past.

The New Release Date is now 02.09.2011

Maybe Celestial Pictures can do the same?

Regards...Easternfreak....

Since this box-set seems to reap praise galore in Germany at the moment and apparently blows everything MiB ever issued to smithereens, maybe one of its proud owners can answer me two questions about it…

1. Are all five titles anamorphic ?

2. Are the German subtitles actually dubtitles (of the usually very free German old skool dub re-imaginations) – or are they simply translated from the English subs that Celestial supplied ?

Screenshots from all five movies:

Das Todesduell der Tigerkralle

Unbenannt2.JPG

Der Todesgriff der Shaolin

Unbenannt3.JPG

Der Tempel des roten Lotus

Unbenannt4.JPG

Der Shaolin-Gigant

Unbenannt6.JPG

Das Grabmal der Shaolin

Unbenannt7.JPG

..subtitled with the old German subtitles we know and love, too, at least those who watched those films back then in Germany. Ah, and they are uncut, because Koch Media add all the missing scenes. :bigsmile:

Originally Posted by Betty Pei Ti

..subtitled with the old German subtitles we know and love, too, at least those who watched those films back then in Germany.

Sorry, I don’t quite get it. “Old German subtitles…”? Did these films ever get released in Germany with subs? Didn’t know about that. Or do you mean to say that the subs are really dubtitles, meaning they are identical to the old skool German dubs ?

And as far as the point of these films being “uncut” goes… The Celestial / IVL prints weren’t cut to the best of my knowledge (well, some frame-cuttings maybe…). I assume that Koch used the same masters.

BTW, thanks for the screenshots !

@Sorry, my mistake, Sheng. One shouldn't poste in a hurry while awaiting guests. Yes, you're absolutely right. I meant dub not subs. Generally, you can choose between a German or Mandarin version and German on or off subtitles. To be more accurate in answering your question, except for the parts which originally were missing, added and newly dubbed and the newly dubbed 'Der Tempel des roten Lotus' Koch Media used those old skool dubs. Hope everything is clear now. :bigsmile:

The box is really worth the price in my opinion. Beside those wonderful five movies you can find a small book in it with all those nice coloured posters of the films they showed here in the cinema.

But for me, the most precious item is an autograph signed by Alexander Fu Sheng dedicated to all his German fans. He wrote: With the most kindest regards to all my German fans! :smile:

And there is an old article about his life and death and some of the first German eastern collector and a fan which first got in contact with David Chiang.

By the way, this box is limited to 2000 copies! :wink:

here's proper Shots of SHAOLIN HANDLOCK for example. won't waste my time for the other Movies in the Box. This was waste enough. it clearly is the best-looking Version worldwide for this title.

e6ab68151244782.jpg cf5993151244794.jpg c0d229151244805.jpg 841943151244812.jpg 663b1f151244819.jpg 754f71151244826.jpg 641229151244833.jpg 7fe8f0151244841.jpg ac1591151244845.jpg 727a57151244855.jpg 264aa8151244864.jpg 3c22cc151244878.jpg cd414f151244883.jpg

Archived