Conan Lee

DiP

Shaolin Chamber 36

I got nothing but respect for Conan, his art, and his contributions to Asian action films!

A while back when Conan got word that his movie, Ninja in the Dragon's Den was voted as the TOP Ninja movie on my site, he linked back to Shaolin Chamber 36 on his Facebook wall, and had the following to say (for those of you interested):

ConanLee-FacebookWall.png

Ng See Yuen & Roy Horan speak about their experiences of discovering, training, working & doing business with Conan... watch clip from 2:45 in:

Link:

Kind of contradicts/expounds on that interview. Seems all that investment got Ng one major triadic ass-whooping.

odioustrident

Interesting details there. The guy clearly hasn't responded well emotionally to his regrets and, even though he had some talent, never resembled anything game changing for the HK film scene at the time.

I almost find it weird that people discuss him as a sought after screen fighter as in the interview above. His shapes work was not bad at all, just a little off. A little gangly and a little too stiff. Probably would have done better work if he had a few more films from that time.

Who has seen New York Cop? Is it entertaining?

AndyWayne84
there is his link if anyone wants to add him on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001656743069

What a dick.......

Thanks but no thanks. Back in my old page i requested him but he never added me which i'm glad he didn't Conan Lee is an Asshole pure and simple, he has alot of balls insulting Chow Yun Fat and Jackie Chan most of all. Jackie has done greater things then that bum ever has in his life Conan is Pussy Ass bleeding Cocksucker who's phony lieing about his Martial Arts background ans screwed over Ng See Yuen over money.

Him outshining Jet Li? please he's so full of shit about that i bet you never even shot any fight scenes, he's just pulling an act after meeting someone greater than his never was ass he's just pulling stuff out of his Asshole just like lieing about his Martial Arts background which is so fake as his lame ass Product. You all say what you want to say about Jackie Chan but the man is a legend something Conan Lee's Dumb Ass will never know about he isn't as good as Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Gordon Liu, and even Chow Yun Fat.

So friends of Conan Lee read this tell him i said he can go Fuck himself and meet me somewhere where i can kick his fake ass so hard! that the next Conan wannabe is gonna feel it big time i hate Conan Lee with a passion.

cooksandkungfoodle
Ng See Yuen & Roy Horan speak about their experiences of discovering, training, working & doing business with Conan... watch clip from 2:45 in:

Link:

Kind of contradicts/expounds on that interview. Seems all that investment got Ng one major triadic ass-whooping.

Conan's words on fb

Lloyd wrote "No doubt the smartest producer at the time. However, the biggest liar in the business. Exploiatation was accepted but not broken promises. His company collapsed after the Real Deal left. To this day, is operating in saving face. Roy Horan the Canadian wanna be chinese is a disgrace to his heritage. He actually think he is chinese. I heard he is teaching film related in HK Tech. What producer will go get a job as a consultant in in show biz... Only the losers. Thanks for sharing, these producers will be well punished by their own evil spirit."

AndyWayne84
Conan's words on fb

Lloyd wrote "No doubt the smartest producer at the time. However, the biggest liar in the business. Exploiatation was accepted but not broken promises. His company collapsed after the Real Deal left. To this day, is operating in saving face. Roy Horan the Canadian wanna be chinese is a disgrace to his heritage. He actually think he is chinese. I heard he is teaching film related in HK Tech. What producer will go get a job as a consultant in in show biz... Only the losers. Thanks for sharing, these producers will be well punished by their own evil spirit."

The only person will be and still is the Asshole known as Conan Lee. " Conan is a disgrace to all Chinese, Koreans, and Americans altogether in the world." His Martial Arts skills are phony as hell realistic fist my balls it's as fake as him, can't believe half the people believe this man is a so-called legend yeah right legend my ass."

Conan is an Insecure little baby who trash talks Actors who are bigger names than him.

It's ages since I listened to it but I think Bey mentioned on the Ninja in Dragons Den commentary that when HKL contacted Conan to see if he wanted to be involved in the new dvd release for the film doing interviews/commentary he made outrageous demands that could never be met hence his non involvement.

Found picture of Conan and Donnie, taken at Lau Kar Leung's funeral. The look on Conan's face says it all. Plus I commend him for having the nerve to stand beside one of the actors he's bad-mouthed several times on the net. Donnie must've found out about this hence why he doesn't look too happy lol.

970450_641459705865933_217731272_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eastern-Film-Fans/165240133487895

Cognoscente

Someone in HK should have done a remake of The Hard Way (1991 Hollywood movie) with Conan playing a bullish cop, and Billy Chong playing the egotistical actor.

• Like 3

KenHashibe
On 5/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, Cognoscente said:

Someone in HK should have done a remake of The Hard Way (1991 Hollywood movie) with Conan playing a bullish cop, and Billy Chong playing the egotistical actor.

I can totally see that pairing work. Wouldn't mind seeing Billy Chong in more films.

Also, I always thought Conan Lee was in The Hard Way in an uncredited role, but was never able to confirm it. I'm pretty sure this is him at around the 11-minute mark of the film (I hope this isn't old news and I'm just late :laugh):

IMG_1786.thumb.JPG.9475da20002342523ddbee49bc8062c5.JPG

• Like 4

Just re watched Ninja- did Conan Lee really screw up his own career? I know Bey Logan said so in his commentary but havent found much info anywhere else online-

-he seemed to have an ok career afterwards- bit parts in Gymkata and Lethal Weapon 4 and co-starring with Chow Yun Fat in the Tiger on the Beat films.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Just re watched Ninja- did Conan Lee really screw up his own career? I know Bey Logan said so in his commentary but havent found much info anywhere else online-

To be fair to Bey he did also say that it could've been down to Conan agent/management.

But I think there must have been something, for such a talented guy who came in as a star in a martial arts classic to do nothing in Hong Kong for years then when he returned in the late 80s seemed to always be playing second fiddle, for only a handful of films, surely something happened.

Also I recall something about him demanding to do a stunt against everyone's advise on one of the Tiger On Beat films.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

To be fair to Bey he did also say that it could've been down to Conan agent/management.

But I think there must have been something, for such a talented guy who came in as a star in a martial arts classic to do nothing in Hong Kong for years then when he returned in the late 80s seemed to always be playing second fiddle, for only a handful of films, surely something happened.

Also I recall something about him demanding to do a stunt against everyone's advise on one of the Tiger On Beat films.

Yeah Logan called him the "George Lazenby of HK cinema" ruining his chances of becoming a star because of childlike ego, reading some of the earlier posts on this thread and some of the interviews, he's starting to come across like the Alan Partridge of HK cinema as well haha.

• Like 1

I wish that Corey Yuen and Liu Chia-Liang had been interviewed about working with Conan.

According to the below Chinese article, Ninja in the Dragon's Den was a huge hit at the Cannes Film Festival.

https://www.163.com/dy/article/H4UQVFQQ05532MQD.html

The article also states...

Wu Siyuan (Ng See-Yuen) knew that many people had come to Li Yuanba, especially the gangsters in Taiwan at that time. I didn't know whether it was intentional or not, but Li Yuanba actually told others that as long as Wu Siyuan was settled, he could go out and make a movie. It turned out that because of this unclear statement, Wu Siyuan almost died in Taiwan.

At that time, he couldn't understand who had such a big enmity with him. In order to find out the truth, Wu Siyuan especially found his fellow countryman Wang Yu, hoping to understand the reason of this matter through his status in the world. Soon after, Wu Siyuan got the news, it turned out that it was for Li Yuanba's contract. Although Li Yuanba did not instigate this incident directly, the cause was his attitude. After some investigation, Wu Siyuan felt very disappointed that such a result turned out to be the case.

He rested at home without a job for a whole year, and Li Yuanba, who had just become popular, was tantamount to destroying his future. After all, relying on Wu Siyuan's reputation in the Hong Kong film industry, no one would dare to find Li Yuanba to make a film after this matter happened. In this way, Li Yuanba's career that had not yet taken off fell like this.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
14 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

The infamous accidental fall from the top of a streetlight in the sequel, painful stuff - 

• Like 1