Conan Lee

DiP

Thanks for the post, DiP - interesting read.

I hope he one days overcomes the crippling shyness that clearly blights him. :tongue:

Seriously though, he comes across as a very savvy, intelligent man, hamstrung no doubt by his massive ego. Shame.

odioustrident

Everything this guy says reeks of delusions in wake of a mid-life crisis. On fb he recently posted that Jackie would be nothing if he had stayed in HK.

Guest Markgway

That can't be for real...

My favourite quote:

"The legendary Liu Chia Liang was the happiest man on the planet when he had a chance to worked with a superincredible real talented martial artist like me."

ShaOW!linDude

Wow.

Not sure if he meant to come across as snarky, ego-maniacal, or brutally honest. Any possibility that the translation was imperfect and lent to him coming across so jerky?

He certainly believes his own hype. I've only ever seen NITDD. I need to see TOB 1 & 2.

cooksandkungfoodle

i have him as a friend on facebook

The jackie comment tickled me..

Love nitdd but cmon conan why so bigheaded and cocksure of yourself!!!

He's obviously full of himself, but if look past that, I do think he has a point when he talks about the way HKers treat foreigners. Still, he expressed his gratitude to the directors and had nothing but good things to say about his co-stars.( Well, except СYF). His attitude definitely cost him his career, but after all, he did make some of the most significant movies in HK cinema

ShaOW!linDude
He's an American so no need to translate anything.

I did not know that. Guess that's why he's so pompously stuck his foot in his mouth.:tongue::tongue:

gwailosforever

This is my favourite

"ChowYun Fat was a fun guy. He refused to do Part 2 because I dominated the first film. Danny Lee wanted to work with me knowing it was going to be his best film ever. Though I was the real leading actor. I gave them both the first billing to show I was not concern with politic and lets just get the film done and move on making more box office hits."

Haha what a tit

Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY, outshines Chow Yun Fat.

Conan Lee.... pfff. I think he let his half barbarian/half Bruce Lee name get to his head.

odioustrident

Can I take this opportunity to look for a decent print of Scheming Wonders? The version I have appears to be a laserdisc-to-vhs-to-dvd rip and it is very blurry. Conan shows off A LOT of power in this one I have to admit. Also, here is the guy selling his new product.

http://www.hemoxygen.com/

Guest Markgway
Danny Lee wanted to work with me knowing it was going to be his best film ever.

Apparently dear Conan hasn't seen The Killer (or City on Fire for that matter).

Apparently dear Conan hasn't seen The Killer (or City on Fire for that matter).

He watches mostly his own movies...

This is my favourite

"ChowYun Fat was a fun guy. He refused to do Part 2 because I dominated the first film. Danny Lee wanted to work with me knowing it was going to be his best film ever. Though I was the real leading actor. I gave them both the first billing to show I was not concern with politic and lets just get the film done and move on making more box office hits."

Haha what a tit

That part nearly caused me to fall off my chair. Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with Conan being intolerable to work with or anything... :angel:

I did all this all by myself.

That's not what Ng See Yuen said in an interview on the Hong Kong Legends DVDs of Ninja in the Dragon's Den about Conan Lee when he found him. Before Ninja in the Dragon's Den they helped to train him, to help him look better.

“Conan I have got good news and bad news”? The good news is that your action scenes were awesome and captivating. The bad news is that, we had to edit out the entire scene because you out shine and stole the show from Jet Li and we are promoting Jet. I totally understand is business and politics. I said thank you for the opportunity and the truth. I was given a bonus and all the footage of the fighting with Jet and I.

where can I see this?

Finally the Eastern Film Fans question If you were on a desert island and could only take 3 films with you what would you take? (It can be any genre)

Ninja in the dragons den, Tiger on the beat and The Bible story.

His own films, why?

TibetanWhiteCrane

If this had been anyone other than Conan, I would have called fake on the interview! But only the king of douche mountain could have such an inflated and delusional image of himself!

It's hard to grasp how someone can come off this unlikable, when served with a string of easy and soft questions like that. I pity him.

Son Of A Gun

:xd:

I have been putting up with Conan's arrogant bullsh*t for months on Facebook. I made the mistake of adding him as did several of my friends. He never stops talking about how great he is. The things he says actually makes you want to stick your finger down your throat to get it all up. I think he may have some mental issues though. Not saying that to be mean. He really does show signs of delusions from all the Facebook posts I've read from him and from briefly speaking to him in some private messages.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I can't knock him as an actor, cuz I actually think he did pretty well in the HK films he did. But people who boast and brag like he does, probably hate themselves deep down. When he's alone at night, in the dark, he knows he pissed it all away, and I bet he hates himself for it!

Dr. Phil signing off.....

ShaOW!linDude
His own films, why?

Can you say "narcissist"? I think when he took that fall off the streetlight in TOB 2 the landing shoved his head further up his bum.

The bit about outshining Jet Li is just........well, I just find that hard to believe. I'd love to see that footage, too, b_s.

The biggest box office grossing film of all time for any new actor in his debut beating out Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donny Yen and Jet Li.

I find this very hard to believe. DY wasn't even a player back then. He was just starting to work his way up the ranks as was Jet Li.

No one will ever attempt a stunt knowing it would cripple you or even get killed. CONAN LEE IS THE BRAVEST ACTION STAR IN HK HISTORY.

Uh, excuse me. How about Jackie's clock-tower fall in PROJECT A, the big electrified pole slide at the end of POLICE STORY, or running down the side of a skyscraper in WHO AM I?

Son Of A Gun

:xd:

On a kind of plus side. If you live in New York or there abouts, he's inviting any fans to come and hang out on the set of his new film. Or so he said. :smile: