John Carter Of Mars trailer

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

I knew they were working on this. Now here's a trailer. I'm kind of psyched for this 'cause I'm a big Edgar Rice Burroughs' fan. Not sure how faithful this will be but it already looks loads better than the crappy Syfy Channel attempt.

b8xblwyKtfo

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been waiting for this... I am a HUGE John Carter fan (actually, I like pretty much all Burroughs except for Tarzan which has been covered elsewhere on the Forums). The jumping looks good for following the story, the Martian was a bit underwhelming and I didn't see any guns and Barsoom was full of guns. If anyone can mix CGI with live action and not go crazy overdoing it (see Dragon Tiger Gate, Warrior's Way, etc... for examples) it should be Pixar and Disney. I didn't like Wall-E (well, I fell asleep both times I tried to watch it and remember feeling like I was being preached to as I drifted off) or Finding Nemo, the director's previous works, but I hold out hope. The cast is pretty damn strong.

Can't wait until March.... March? Not exactly blockbuster time.

Have you seen this:

http://www.stevemeyeranimation.com/2005Demo.html

or this:

Animation from earlier attempts... the second is from Bob Clampett's 1936 proposal. I wish that would have happened. Imagine John Carter rotoscoped and handpainted like the Fleischer Superman shorts!

ShaOW!linDude
Imagine John Carter rotoscoped and handpainted like the Fleischer Superman shorts!

Oh, dude, that would be sooooooo cool!

Those were some pretty cool links. Thanks, ML.

An animated John Carter would be great if somebody like the WB/DC animation departments were involved. Shoot, if they had the bucks to bankroll it, I'd love to see it on a cable channel like HBO or Starz as a miniseries.

Archived