Assassin's Bullet aka Sofia (2011) - Isaac Florentine in a different light

AlbertV

Yup, KFC favorite Isaac Florentine directed SOFIA, an upcoming thriller starring Christian Slater, Donald Sutherland, Timothy Spall, and Elika Portnoy. Here is the plot:

When jaded ex-pat embassy worker Robert Diggs (No, not The RZA) is tapped by a powerful ambassador to track down a shadowy assassin, he gets pulled into the seedy underbelly of Sofia, Bulgaria. During his investigation, Robert crosses paths with a number of shady characters.

The film looks to be a breakaway from Florentine's usual martial arts action flick, but still looks quite promising from the trailer, which can be seen HERE

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone seen this, and if so, is it any good? Timothy Spall is a fantastic actor and so seeing this intrigued me. Also are there many fight scenes? It doesn't look like that kind of film, but being Isaac Florentine I'd have thought there would be at least one showdown.

I saw this and it's definitely a different kind of Isaac Florentine we're seeing here. It's more of a suspense thriller and there are no real fistacuffs in this film. He admitted he wanted to try something different and again, as a real fan, I support that. There were some intricate twists in the story but Christian Slater seemed miscast in the lead. However, the breakout IMO was Bulgarian-born Elika Portnoy. She made the film somewhat watchable with her interesting role. 

I would say only see this if you are a true Isaac Florentine fan to see something unexpected from him. Otherwise, it's a time-waster. 

Archived