Dance Fu (2011)

AlbertV

OMG!!! Here comes another action comedy that combines breakdancing and martial arts. This one stars Kel Mitchell (yes of Kenan and Kel who also co-wrote the film) as Chicago Jones, a hip hop dancer who seeks revenge for the death of his beloved uncle. However, he can't fight so he must master a hybrid style of fighting that combines "breakin'" and martial arts.

The film co-stars Tommy Davidson, Cody Hardrict, and Cedric the Entertainer, who also produced and directed. In charge of the fight choreography??? KFC favorite Larnell Stovall

Definitely not to be taken seriously...especially with Mitchell playing both the hero AND the villain.

7K5c6-Wnsr8

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, I'm down for this. Looks like it may have some good chuckles tucked in there.

I loved watching Kenan and Kel when I was younger, always felt they were both funny. Haven't seen Kel in much besides K&K and a few films. Might have to watch this.

I got to see the film this week and it was pretty much what I expected. Heavy on the ridiculous comedy...as hero Chicago, Mitchell tries to play it straight until he shows he can't fight...as villain Pretty Eyed Willy, he was way over the top. Cedric the Entertainer only appears in one scene.

The "dance fu" scenes were not bad. Larnell and Kerry Wong definitely did well, even with a dose of over the top wirework in the finale. I will post a full review of the film on the main site sometime today.

Archived