The Evil Dead (2012)

AlbertV

YUP!!! It's finally gonna happen!!!!

Dark Horizons:

There's been talk of a fourth "Evil Dead" for pretty much as long as I've been doing this website - around fifteen years. Well it seems that things might be finally moving on it after all.

Yesterday Dread Central reported that a fourth film has been gearing up for production in Detroit with Sam Raimi’s regular collaborator, editor Bob Murawski ("Spider-Man," "The Hurt Locker") heading there soon to work on the project.

At the same time actor Bruce Campbell said on Twitter “Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell.”

Then today, Bloody Disgusting reports that Fede Alvarez, the filmmaker behind the hyped robot invasion short “Panic Attack!”, is set to direct the film. Alvarez scored a deal with Sam Raimi‘s Ghost House Pictures back in 2009, so this would keep it in-house. (looks as if Raimi will get an executive producer credit here)

More as this shakes out as right now there's some big questions regarding scheduling, who's involved and in what capacity.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce Campbell was at Comic-Con and confirmed that not only is the film a remake, but he will be making a cameo in the film.

Here's the latest

Ash will NOT be in the remake and the film's central character has gone from male to female with Lily Collins possibly in the role.

Source: Hitfix

I get the feeling that this movie will end up another horror-slasher that will have the traditional "last female standing" ending that these types of movies normaly have. That being said, I will wait and see what direction the movie is going before I decied whether or not I will see this film.

P.S. No matter what though, it still won't be as good as the original.

Dark Horizons reports that Lily Collins has dropped out of the lead role in the Evil Dead remake and Diablo Cody (JUNO) is doing re-writes to the script, which she describes as "unbelievably violent.”

Dark Horizons reports that Lily Collins has dropped out of the lead role in the Evil Dead remake and Diablo Cody (JUNO) is doing re-writes to the script, which she describes as "unbelievably stupid and unnecessary but easier than having to think of something yourself ”

I think that's what she should have meant to say.

Deadline:

"Suburgatory" star Jane Levy is in talks to play the lead in Fede Alvarez's remake of "Evil Dead" for FilmDistrict. Levy replaces Lily Collins who exited the film recently.

If she signs she will play Mia, one of five young people who head to a remote forest cabin where evil awaits. Recovering from a recent overdose, Mia is particularly vulnerable.

I have mixed feelings about this movie, I remember as a teenager seeing the original in the movies and was scared to death! This remake looks more gory but its a cult classic that should never be touched!

OpiumKungFuCracker

This movie and like every other goddamn horror reboot/remake that has been out is the same shit with plenty of gore but no charm, why Hollywood, why? Or should I ask why people why do you keep watching these? Oh yeah, I saw this at a free screening I was bored.. You know what I think is a better movie and I have yet to watch? Cabin in the woods, thank you!

Saw this last night and was severely underwhelmed.

It adds nothing to the original but gore, and removes all the atmosphere, humor and invention.

It's one plus was the excellent performance from Jane Levy.

I'm staying away from all remakes/reboots/re-whatevers for the foreseeable future! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

ShaOW!linDude

Out of curiosity (and I know this is probably an inane question considering this is a remake or whatever but), how closely did it keep to the original?

The story is essentially the same (5 people go to a cabin in the woods and nasty stuff ensues) and there are changes here and there, but I'd say it's very similar to the original - only with more "hardcore" gore.

For me, it's a missed opportunity because the changes are the most interesting thing here but they come too late.

They should've made it more like a part 4 and run with the different stuff, I think.

odioustrident

I thought this was decent fun; not too much excitement besides a final showdown I wasn't expecting. There is something about possessed people talking that comes off as pretty fucking stupid.

ShaOW!linDude

Thanks, K. I was wondering how certain scenes were rendered or how faithful to the original this version might be. I suspect you're probably correct and they should've just run with a 4th part building on the first 3.

sifu iron perm

Oh man i was bored and let down within the half way mark.

the make up effects did spark up some enthusiasm but nothing beyond eye catching.

The score during the end credits was good!

I stayed till after the credits, I figured there had to be a Bruce Campbell cameo somewhere. Strangest post credit sequence I've ever seen...

I don't have the words to describe how Fucking Atrocious this movie was!! I wanted to walk out after the first 15minutes! They totally ruined what the original was all about! It just goes to show me with all the Horror movies people are still fucking stupid as hell when there are signs telling to you leave! Fucking White People, and I'm White! LMAO! I'm telling everyone don't waste your time or money on this movie!!! This movie wasn't even Scary!

They need to call this movie the Evil Dude!

Listen most of us are around the same age or younger I'm 45 and we all grew up with the best decade of Horror/Slasher films and that was the 80's nothing can ever touch that time. To do a remake and just ruin it was a Horror in itself! Listen the original was cheesy and funny but when it came out, it scared the shit out of me when I seen it in the movies!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I don't have the words to describe how Fucking Atrocious this movie was!! I wanted to walk out after the first 15minutes! They totally ruined what the original was all about! It just goes to show me with all the Horror movies people are still fucking stupid as hell when there are signs telling to you leave! Fucking White People, and I'm White! LMAO! I'm telling everyone don't waste your time or money on this movie!!! This movie wasn't even Scary!

Listen most of us are around the same age or younger I'm 45 and we all grew up with the best decade of Horror/Slasher films and that was the 80's nothing can ever touch that time. To do a remake and just ruin it was a Horror in itself! Listen the original was cheesy and funny but when it came out, it scared the shit out of me when I seen it in the movies!

Should be called, Evil Dead On Arrival!!

gifs-animation-rihanna-rhianna-girl-smile-clap-hands_large.gif

Secret Executioner

The movie will be released in a couple of weeks in France and you definitely talked me into NOT giving it a chance.

(like I was going to: I skipped all the recent horror remakes - Halloween, Friday the 13th, NOES,...)

Archived