Celestial DVD prices

teako170

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Thanks to Buddhawake, the Funimation Invincible Shaolin is now in my possession for a cannot beat that price of $12 brand new. (If there was a bow smilie here, I'd abuse that right now. :wink:)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambitious kung-fu girl was sold in ebay for $214.50.

Is this world record for ivl shaw price perhaps?

Even if it is, I guess eventually sth like "black tavern" or "vengeance of a snowgirl" breaks it...

thankyouforfu
Ambitious kung-fu girl was sold in ebay for $214.50.

Is this world record for ivl shaw price perhaps?

Even if it is, I guess eventually sth like "black tavern" or "vengeance of a snowgirl" breaks it...

I picked up a Vengeance of a Snow Girl VCD recently because the DVD is so scarce and expensive. That said, I've only seen the VCD for sale twice in the last 6 months or so.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I just watched the trailer for Shaolin Mantis and all I can say is:

Mind BLOWN.

Mantis fist AND weapons demo?!? Two great tastes that taste great together.

I already like all of the family members especially the elder Lau. Instant win. :smile:

That dvd cannot get here fast enough! Cheers Kung Fu Bob for the recommendations.

This trailer is unique because it has footage created specifically for the trailer, not included in the film, and because it is more of Lau Sifu doing what he does best. One of the few trailers I've ever watched at least as many times as the film it's for. :nerd:

Thanks to Buddhawake, the Funimation Invincible Shaolin is now in my possession for a cannot beat that price of $12 brand new. (If there was a bow smilie here, I'd abuse that right now. :wink:)

Nice price for a great release.

theThirdMaster

FYI there are a handful of the Funimation titles available at Right Stuf Anime for about $11 a piece.

I picked up The Sword of Swords, Opium & The Kung-Fu Master, Hong Kong Godfather, and Shaolin Hand Lock a couple of weeks ago.  They arrived in excellent condition and 3 of the 4 had slipcovers.

These titles don't fetch the insane amounts some of the Funimation titles are going for, but it's still much cheaper than Amazon, etc.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Yeah right stuff is  terrific. I bought  Opium & The Kung Fu Master, Shaolin Handlock, Life Gamble and Hong Kong Godfather from them recently and I can 100% back up your post tTM.  I was thrilled to get Shaolin Handlock and Life Gamble so reasonably. 

Chu Liu Hsiang

I've seen some 3digit offers over the years but the new record seems to be 379.99 £ (about 474 US-$/ 422 €) for BIG BAD SIS. Wow. 

1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I've seen some 3digit offers over the years but the new record seems to be 379.99 £ (about 474 US-$/ 422 €) for BIG BAD SIS. Wow. 

I saw it in ebay.uk too, some weeks ago and think seller made error in price, meant likely £37.99 or 39.99

Chu Liu Hsiang

That was my thought too when I saw it first some months ago, so I asked, and the answer was, nope. I'm checking the offer from time to time out of curiosity, to see if price goes down or if (s)he does indeed find a buyer. 

20 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

That was my thought too when I saw it first some months ago, so I asked, and the answer was, nope. I'm checking the offer from time to time out of curiosity, to see if price goes down or if (s)he does indeed find a buyer. 

:yociexp103:..it is he, bought one item from him years ago. Very surprising he put such absurd price tag, movie is not much in demand. Would sell mine 95% cheaper what he is asking, don`t care about flick...

Maybe he put this price because the item is reserved, in order that no one else buy it. I don't remember if it's him or another seller who had proceeded this way when I had asked him to reserve a movie that I didn't want to miss a while ago.

1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

That's absolute madness!

Most of the range has been re-released by Deltamac for the Taiwanese market using the exact same Celestial remastered copies (will have to check on Bid Bad Sis )

I picked up a bunch two months ago for £5 each in HK and found quite a few Celestial original HK titles for around the same price there second hand.

MusicMagpie in the UK are worth rolling the dice on occasionally - they never list cover art or any disc/region info, but titles are cheap.

I got Two Champions of Shaolin a few weeks back for £3.70 delivered and it was the HK version, still sealed, with its slipcase.

Archived